Caribbean Princess cheaper than the Navigator?

Check for space per person on C. Princess. I can bet that it is less than NOS. Princess will not have all the entertainment options and activities. Princess will have fewer families with children. If you are used to RCI's balcony cabins, you will not care for the smaller cabins on Princess which have no real seating area. There is a lack of "flow" on Princess ships. RCI's ships are much easier to navigate, no pun intended.

I sailed on Caribbean and Crown Princess ships and on sister ship to Naviagtor of the seas, even though Naviagtor is a little bigger than princess I never felt crowded on RCCL, on Princess I had to miss most of the shows since there were no seats available, never had this problem on RCCL. I did look at both before booking Navagator for April 2014.

I don't know if this is important to you but the balconies on Caribbean Princess look down on each other, instead of down at the water. I don't like that at all. Got to have my water view! :D

Edited by Ladysilver

Hmm! starting to check prices on cruising in February. We love Rccl, but now we have a choice and princess is offering a better price for a cruise to the same ports.

Any pros and cons for Princess vs Rccl?

Thanks for any info!

We were on the Crown a few years back and enjoyed it,,great ship,,food very good and the service wonderful,,you won't be disappointed...

Edited by goouchjac
my humble opinion

We were on the Crown a few years back and enjoyed it,,great ship,,food very good and the service wonderful,,you won't be disappointed...

Ditto this.

Princess offers a fine product. There definitely are some space issues in the entertainment venues, but if you plan well, you'll get a seat. There are many more opportunities to eat tasty food at all times of day and at more points around the ship than on any RCCL ship I've been on.

As Caribbean Princess was the prototype for the expanded Grand Class ship, it has the "shopping cart handle" on the back of the ship which is the night club. This shades the rear pool. There also is no appreciable miniature golf course on this ship. For those reasons, I like her sisters, Ruby, Emerald, and Crown a little better, but CB is still nice. She definitely needs a good thorough dry dock to replace outer deck carpets and to clean up the balconies. These things are noticeable but forgettable.

If the itinerary and price are right, I wouldn't hesitate giving CB a shot. :)

Edited by Worn out mailman