Art still not arrived

Suzez

I hope someone can help, seems to me like awful customer service!

I am beginning to wonder if there is anyone that can help. Both RCI and Art on Royal don't even communicate properly.Also they should inform customers exactly what may happen. Rather than take £££££ off them up front and not deliver on time.

Is this breach of contract??? I think so...

We bought a Chris Derubuis (metal un framed) The piece on the ship was pretty banged up so he painted us a new one! We ordered in October and it was with us in January longer than we expected but we had been warned it would be longer. the price on the piece went up $1000+ before it was delivered.

Try Art on royal face book page they communicated pretty well with us on that.

Stu K

We bought a Chris Derubuis (metal un framed) The piece on the ship was pretty banged up so he painted us a new one! We ordered in October and it was with us in January longer than we expected but we had been warned it would be longer. the price on the piece went up $1000+ before it was delivered.

Try Art on royal face book page they communicated pretty well with us on that.

Stu K

The pieces we bought were un marked and in perfect condition as we checked them. I cant help wonder if they got damaged and are waiting for more editions to be delivered as I know from the Artist that more were being sent to RCI.

Edited by Suzez

Their next excuse will be "Oh we couldn't get an authorization from our credit card processing company" Or Under Federal Law all Art must be inspected by US Customs and local Customs before it reaches you and due to the sequester and Government shutdown in the USA we are backlogged.

They could be making excuses left and right but for not telling you the truth from the get go would make me think three times before dealing with Park West. My Cousin told me to know what you are getting into before you purchase or bid on the art. Ask questions and if the answers do not add up then just be polite but not buy the art.

I think too many people are so involved in the bidding process and are happy to have the art piece but do not realize what happens afterwards.

Having my art arrive with a damaged frame then having it sent back and sent back to me again would take longer than for me to get refunded for the new frame+price difference for a new one.

I would be interested to see their BBB rating and complaints people have. Perhaps writing an email to Royal Caribbean's Head Office in Florida would make them aware of your experiences so they can rethink dealing with Park West. If a lot of people write in and make noise then they will rethink their Art On Royal Distributer etc.

Also as you are well aware the art program/selling photos is how the Cruise line makes money when they subsidize cruises such as Trans Atlantic Cruises. So what would make sense is for them to re evaluate Park West and see how they can improve the customer service and delivery standards.

I dont know what will happen next. Still no response, I will call RCI in the UK next. tell them I want a refund. This cant go on much longer. The longer I leave it the more stress it will cause. Being unwell at present, I can not deal with this for too much longer. If I get my money back, at least then I can use it to buy something else we can actually see.

This money was left to me by my father who passed away in February. I thought the pictures would make a nice heirloom. It seems I made a huge mistake spending it on the ship....

Sorry you're having so much trouble getting your art. I don't know if it makes any difference but I've ordered from Art on Royal multiple times in the past and I've almost always gotten my art within the agreed upon time. There were only two times when it took longer and then only by a week once and three weeks once when they had some issue (I believe they were moving their warehouse). I hope this helps alleviate some concern, in my experience (I have purchased quite a few times from them) they always come through even if occasionally it takes a bit longer.

• 1 month later...

I just read an absolutely hilarious book about an art heist on a cruise ship. The author gives a hilarious look at life "below decks" and a great mystery book. Anyone who has purchased art on a cruise ship will get a good laugh with this book. As a past crew member I really enjoyed the look into crew life. Its called Cruise Ship Capers by Joshua Kinser

http://www.amazon.com/The-Cruise-Ship-Capers-Heist-ebook/dp/B00H6TI79O

After waiting 18 weeks for my artwork i cancelled with Art on Royal and demanded a refund.

The company is an absolute joke !!!!

They are also blatantly lie on what their artwork is worth.

My wife saw a piece by an artist philip anthony called standing in glory.

The auctioneer stood on stage and stated that the gallery price would be around $1200.

The missus went ahead and bought it for $700 plus $100 buyers fee and $65 delivery total $865

Anyway wife was upset i cancelled it so decided to search online for the same piece.

Low and behold a company called artrev.com had exactly the piece hand embellished giclee on canvas.

Same size signed by artist etc. all for the grand sum of $195 and $40 postage

Purchased it delivered from florida to the uk 8 days !!!!!

So please get on the internet and check prices before getting ripped off by art on royal.

Cheers Mick

We've bought a few pieces over the last few years and have been very happy with the price paid but yes, delivery took a bit longer than expected. We did not have these pieces framed as we wanted something a bit simpler than they had available. Most of our pieces were Peanuts (the comic strip) related and I've priced them on line and we did get a good deal.

We bought the first piece because I just LOVED it and after that I priced a few of the other pieces before sailing again. We only bought on board because it was about 40% less than I could find them on line. I've never seen these in local galleries.

I always wondered if the people who pay several thousand for art at the auctions really know the price range on land. Our purchases have always been in the $150 or less range - but very satisfied with all of them.

I have no more available wall space so haven't even gone to the auctions on our last few cruises. The free sparkling wine is not worth sitting thru the rest of it in my opinion.

• 1 year later...
I just read an absolutely hilarious book about an art heist on a cruise ship. The author gives a hilarious look at life "below decks" and a great mystery book. Anyone who has purchased art on a cruise ship will get a good laugh with this book. As a past crew member I really enjoyed the look into crew life. Its called Cruise Ship Capers by Joshua Kinser

I may look out for this book, sounds good, thanks

Update:

We eventualy recieved our 2 pieces of art in December. They arrived as seen on the ship, the exact numbered additions. We had a refund for the frames as we cancelled the order for new ones and also a partial refund on the postage fees. RCI gave us vouchers for £400 each off a future cruise which we have used with Celebrity. Dare I look at art again?

P.S. The picture are stunning and we love them, glad we held out and didnt cancel, although it was close.

Edited by Suzez

We just cruised with friends, one an artist and another who is a collector, somewhat like us. We bought and so did our friends. We have already received one with the others soon to be here. This was Park West. They video all their auctions. We all came away happy with our purchases. We knew what we were looking for and did not buy what we did not want.