Just off/done with Caribbean Princess

renman22

They should check everybody's card at dining check in and if they are Traditional they should not be seated. Period. (oh, oh there's that period stuff again!)

If there are just two traditional dining times, then about 2/3rds of the passengers will be assigned to Anytime.

It is rare and unusual for all those assigned to Anytime to spread their desired eating times evenly throughout the dining hours. So on most of the cruises, there will be times when more people choose to show up than the Anytime dining rooms can handle. This is true even if nobody assigned to Traditional tries to go to Anytrime.

Thanks for your review on the Caribbean Princess and especially regarding the food...after a very recent report on the Coral Princess (Panama Canal cruise) from my daughter on the food (and discussions she had with numerous other passengers), I hope Princess food is not going downhill as I have liked it in the past, and so has my daughter. :):):):)

Hello Folks,

I'm sorry to hear that this trip didn't meet some expectations for you. I too was on this voyage (NY to Houston) 10/26/2013, and found quite the opposite. I never had a problem finding seats (at pool...If one was full, we had 3 other choices, and always found a nice spot by one of those pools) The main dining room had excellent service and the food was perfect (we were a party of 4 and all felt very satisfied with the food) We had a great 10 day cruise, the ship and staff were wonderful (as stated) and we'd all sail her again in a heartbeat. I've sailed Princess, Holland American, RCI, Norwegian Celebrity all several times each, and really haven't had a bad cruise yet. I am a fussy eater, and found the food on this trip to be great. (At least all the meals that hubby and I had were fine) Also, whenever we went to the theater we found seats with no problem. One of the 5 nights we went it was crowded, but we still found 4 seats. We must have lucked out. Happy Sailing everyone!