Enchantment-Change to Self Carry Departure

disfan

I have taken many cruises out of PC, including the Enchantment in September.

On each of these cruises, there was always a notice that as a final amenity, D,D+ and P

members who wished to self carry, could wait in the dining room and be the first off the ship.

On my Enchantment cruise last week, there was no such notice. The general departure notice indicated that Emerald and Platinum members could use the My Fair Lady dining room on deck 5 as a departure lounge and gold members could use the starboard side. This was for those not doing self carry.

I checked with Guest Services and was told that the previous amenity, was no longer being offered. Instead, all self carry passengers should wait in their staterooms for a general announcement to disembark, usually between 7:30 and 8:15am, using deck 5 forward, by the Orpheum theatre.

I was ready to go at 7am and thought that I would get a head start to deck 5. However, this ship only has 3 forward elevators and there a problem getting one, that wasn't full.

I did get to deck 5 at 7:15 and there was a double line the extended from the departure ramps, all the way back to the forward elevators.

So much for waiting in your stateroom for a general announcement.

If you must get off the ship early, you should probably plan on lining up between 6:30 and 7am. Otherwise, just wait a little while, after self disembark is announced and let the early mob get off.

I was ready to go at 7am and thought that I would get a head start to deck 5. However, this ship only has 3 forward elevators and there a problem getting one, that wasn't full.

I did get to deck 5 at 7:15 and there was a double line the extended from the departure ramps, all the way back to the forward elevators.

If you must get off the ship early, you should probably plan on lining up between 6:30 and 7am. Otherwise, just wait a little while, after self disembark is announced and let the early mob get off.

We were on Enchantment 10/28 sailing and did self disembarkation. We waited til "last call" for self disembark and walked right off with no line.

They can't make up their minds. On our last Enchantment cruise everyone was forbidden to line up on the outside deck as was always allowed on prior cruises. We were all made to go into the lounges to wait. It was explained as the "new policy."

As a funny aside, an older, grouchy woman stood at the lounge door telling everyone that "they had been there since 5:30 waiting" so the rest of us had to put our suitcases behind hers in the line. If ignored she kept moving their suitcases forward until they were out into the hallway and a crew member was sent to move them all back into the lounge.

I checked with Guest Services and was told that the previous amenity, was no longer being offered. Instead, all self carry passengers should wait in their staterooms for a general announcement to disembark, usually between 7:30 and 8:15am, using deck 5 forward, by the Orpheum theatre.

Does anyone else find it ironic that the OP pokes at everyone who didn't wait for the general announcement when they didn't?:p