Cabin on Pacific princess? Help/Advice needed!

lallarebecca

Me and my mother have finally decided to go on one of our dream-cruises, a South sea cruise, 10 nights from Papeete-Papetee on Nov. 18 2014 with Pacific Princess.

We have never cruised with Princess before and I would love to hear what your opinions on the staterooms are. Do you have any idea or tip on a balcony-stateroom that is nice?

Is it worth to pay a couple of hundred dollars for an upgrade to a suite?

Is the view better on a specific side? What about the Aft-cabins?

I have been looking at room 6086 and 6089, anyone stayed in these rooms?

Thanks in advance, any help is highly appreciated!

Rebecca

As you see

The cabins on Ocean and Pacific are somewhat larger than the other Princess ships . Since the ships are small you might want to look at cabins midship for a smoother ride. Only you can decide if a suite would be worth the extra money. Will you be spending a lot of time in the cabin?

If you or your mother get sea sick then you will probably not like the aft cabins. This is a small ship and you will feel more movement. We had a balcony cabin on the Pacific in Jan. that was very comfortable but upgrading to a mini would even be nicer.

WE have sailed the the Pacific for 48 days. As someone said the balcony cabins are bigger thab their other ships. The balcony is a bit smaller.

The mimi-suites are very large. They square, so much larger than other ships. We enjoyed the Pacific Princess. Try to get a dinning table in the back of the ship. There is large windows.

Pam

If it is within your means there is nothing like it. We currently have 4 booked with the closest two weeks from today and the farthest 18 months out. As to the aft, the only way to go for us. Can't get an aft suite than we find another cruise. Neither of us suffer from motion sickness but it can be a problem for many and as mentioned you will feel more movement back there. Think of a teeter totter. No vertical movement at the center pivot point but lots at the ends. It's not that dramatic but it's there. The perks are amongst the best a sea in my opinion.

Me and my mother have finally decided to go on one of our dream-cruises, a South sea cruise, 10 nights from Papeete-Papetee on Nov. 18 2014 with Pacific Princess.

We have never cruised with Princess before and I would love to hear what your opinions on the staterooms are. Do you have any idea or tip on a balcony-stateroom that is nice?

We have sailed on this ship and her sister. We LOVE the truly aft cabins.

Is it worth to pay a couple of hundred dollars for an upgrade to a suite?

Is the view better on a specific side? What about the Aft-cabins?

The true suites (not mini suites) on this ship are HUGE. Living room, dining area, bedroom and 2 bathrooms. If it really is only a few hundred dollars more then it's a bargain.

I have been looking at room 6086 and 6089, anyone stayed in these rooms?

6086 and 6089 are the last balcony cabins on the side before the aft. The balconies have a slight obstruction from the metal of the hull.

Thanks in advance, any help is highly appreciated!

Rebecca

As you see

Tahiti remains our favorite place to cruise - it's the most beautiful place on earth.

These small ships are beautiful and intimate.

Enjoy!

We sailed the Black Sea this summer on the Pacific Princess and it's an absolutely wonderful ship! If you can possibly swing getting a mini-suite, that's what I would recommend. The cabin is quite roomy and there are a few nice perks with the mini-suite. (I love the bathtubs in the mini-suites--so nice to have a bubble bath at the end of the day!)

Your proposed cabins are so far aft that you could easily notice any motion that the ship incurs. It is also located over the dining room which will mean that there is noise during the dining hours--breakfast, lunch and dinner. Will that bother you?

We were fortunate that there was little-to-no motion on our 10-day cruise as we were a bit more forward than I like to be on a cruise ship. I thought our cabin (category MC on Deck 8)) was near-perfect!

I also recommend the minis on Pacific. If you can, avoid those directly under the pool deck. You will hear them moving furniture around 5am. We were in 8008 and heard the noise. 8006 did not. I prefer being further aft however, so our next cruise on a small ship we have booked somewhere in the 8050's.

I love the small ship experience!

Thanks for all your replies!

We are not very affected by motion, and neither of us is suffering from motion sickness.

I think I have decided to settle for a balcony-cabin.

However I saw that there are a couple of cabins in the aft and the front that looks nice, for example 8066 and 8069 or 7116 or 7121 and 7000 7001, any ideas or opinions on those cabins? Pros or cons?

All advice is very welcome, also ideas on other balconycabins, if you have a specific one that you liked.

Finally, of deck 6,7,8, which one would be the best choice? Or is the difference not that important?

Thanks again!

We just spent 48 wonderful nights in Cabin 7054 on the Ocean Princess. It is a balcony near mid-ship. I usually try to get a cabin on deck 7 since you have passenger cabins above and below. Being in the middle meant a short walk to anywhere. However, since it is a small ship nothing is really far.

We have spent over 300 days on the Ocean, Pacific and middle Royal Princess. They are sister ships and only have minor variations. We have not had a bad cabin yet.

We've sailed in 7116 (24 nights) and it's WONDERFUL!!!!

The seventh floor is right in the middle so it's easy to walk up a couple of floors to the buffet or the pool, or down a couple of floors to the public rooms.

We never used the elevators that trip.

Edited by chamima