Pick-up FLL airport drop in MIA beach

oneboysmom

Hi, can anyone recommend a car rental place, for hopefully under $250 in March 2014 from a Wednesday to a Sunday. WE would pick up from FLL airport and would like to drop off in Miami Beach area. I'm not finding a good website that is giving me prices that I like. Should I expect to spend over $300 for that time period for a budget car?

Thanks!!!

If you are staying in a Miami Beach hotel during that period, bear in mind that parking rates are typically $25/day and up. Depending upon where you are staying and what you plan to do outside of Miami Beach, you may save substantially by taking a shuttle from FLL to your Miami Beach hotel (and walking or using cabs or public transportation within Miami Beach).

Edited by FLAHAM

I agree with Flaham. So much is walkable in Miami Beach. So unless you have specific longer day trips when you absoulutely need the car, I wouldn't rent for that many days.

March is extra costly because of spring breaks in the states.

Edited by eandj

If you are staying in a Miami Beach hotel during that period, bear in mind that parking rates are typically $25/day and up. Depending upon where you are staying and what you plan to do outside of Miami Beach, you may save substantially by taking a shuttle from FLL to your Miami Beach hotel (and walking or using cabs or public transportation within Miami Beach).

Thanks for the info. However, my brother has a swim tournament in Coconut Grove area and would require to go there. Hotel is around 25 mins away, as per google maps. Does transit run to this area? Or is there a flat fee taxi rate? Got a quote for 4 days for car for $181. Where we are staying, parking is included in our rate we got.

Thanks for the info. However, my brother has a swim tournament in Coconut Grove area and would require to go there. Hotel is around 25 mins away, as per google maps. Does transit run to this area? Or is there a flat fee taxi rate? Got a quote for 4 days for car for $181. Where we are staying, parking is included in our rate we got.

If parking is included in your rate then you are good to go; traffic in Miami Beach, especially through South Beach and over to Miami can be very bad, so I would not count on making it there in 25 minutes. Good luck! :)