Oasis - Is this water next to the smoke pipes ?

Dear Cruise Critics,

has been a while I took a detailed look at Oasis... but since my next Oasis cruise is only about 7 months ahead ... :D:cool:

On RCCLs German website there is an interesting Eagle view of the Oasis:

http://www.royalcaribbean.de/schiffe/oasis-of-the-seas.htm

I'm wondering what these "light blue areas" next to the smoke pipes / solar pannels are ?

Wasn't able to find a closer pic ... Are they heating water with sun or are those crew pools?

Thank you and regards

;-)

The darker square areas around the outside are indeed solar panels. I read once that they provide some of the electricity for the interior lighting system.

I don't know what the light blue areas are. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like they are just painted areas of superstructure. I can't imagine that they would put pools up that high.

I have wondered this myself, but not because of the "birds-eye view" photos. When watching the live webcam on sail away for Oasis and Allure (5 p.m. Eastern time zone @ http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com) on Saturdays and Sundays, camera #2 very often does a close zoom up to this area, where you will usually see any number of what appears to be ship crew up there, many with cell phones waving towards the camera, probably to much missed family and friends back home.

I can only assume that this is one of the few areas aboard ship where crew members can get a good view and some fresh air when not on duty, or during a break (have seen kitchen crew wearing their white jackets and chef's hats). Don't know if they have any chairs or loungers for them - if they do, I would also assume that the blue was added during post-editing.

If anyone knows for sure, I'd love to know too.;)

Dear Cruise Critics,

has been a while I took a detailed look at Oasis... but since my next Oasis cruise is only about 7 months ahead ... :D:cool:

On RCCLs German website there is an interesting Eagle view of the Oasis:

http://www.royalcaribbean.de/schiffe/oasis-of-the-seas.htm

I'm wondering what these "light blue areas" next to the smoke pipes / solar pannels are ?

Wasn't able to find a closer pic ... Are they heating water with sun or are those crew pools?

Thank you and regards

;-)

I think the picture in your link is not a picture at all. I think it is one of the "artist conceptions" of how the ship would look if they could have taken that picture before it was built. ;)

4998992392_2ccb99838a_o.jpg?w=450

Here you can see a side by side of the Freedom (left) compared to the Oasis (right). I think the previous poster was correct. This is probably an off limits/employee only area that has since been painted blue for aesthetics. Hope this helps. :-)

Wow! That is the best side by side comparison I have seen yet. You can really see how much wider Oasis is than the Freedom Class in that picture.

I think the picture in your link is not a picture at all. I think it is one of the "artist conceptions" of how the ship would look if they could have taken that picture before it was built. ;)

I had the same thought.:)

4998992392_2ccb99838a_o.jpg?w=450

Here you can see a side by side of the Freedom (left) compared to the Oasis (right). I think the previous poster was correct. This is probably an off limits/employee only area that has since been painted blue for aesthetics. Hope this helps. :-)

This is one of the best comparison pictures out there showing how big the Oasis class ships are. I have also heard that those outside areas to the interrior of the Crown Loft Suite area and behind the Viking Crown Lounge are crew areas. No pools there, but I agree that the deck has been painted blue in those areas.

When watching the live webcam on sail away for Oasis and Allure (5 p.m. Eastern time zone @ http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com) on Saturdays and Sundays, camera #2 very often does a close zoom up to this area, where you will usually see any number of what appears to be ship crew up there, many with cell phones waving towards the camera, probably to much missed family and friends back home.

QUOTE]

This is sweet, sad to imagine the staff doing that...but a really neat idea!