Future cruise desk--Dream

samzgirl84

Its on deck 5 right before the piano bar. How it works is if you book a cruise while on a cruise you get onboard credit. For example if you book a 7 day you get 100 dollars OBC.

Same place with same deal....just did it this past September;)

I noticed when we were on the Dream last Jan. that the desk was pretty quiet at the start of the cruise. Then the last couple days, it was so busy with long, long lines.

We wanted to do it, but never wanted to wait in line.

If you know what you want, do it the first few days.

Claudia

Does Carnival still have a future cruise desk on the Dream? Do they still have the service where you can book a cruise on board and get free OBC?

Make sure you know the price before you get on line. They refused to look at the website and tried to get me to book at higher than correct price.

Yes they do, and Golfadj is absolutely correct. Do a lot of research, and find out EXACTLY what you want, even down to the cabin selection, BEFORE you board. That will save a lot of time, and aggravation, and make that line move lots faster. Also, you'll know that you're getting a good deal, and the cabin you want, rather than getting home to find out that you paid $150 more than you had to, in order to get that $100 OBC. Go prepared, and it's a GREAT deal!

"SKY"

It's good to know that you can access carnival.com using the internet cafe or your own personal device for free while on board. Double check the prices and room availability prior to going to the future cruise desk and take your notes with you. It will make it a lot quicker and put you in better control of the booking.

Yes they do, and Golfadj is absolutely correct. Do a lot of research, and find out EXACTLY what you want, even down to the cabin selection, BEFORE you board. That will save a lot of time, and aggravation, and make that line move lots faster. Also, you'll know that you're getting a good deal, and the cabin you want, rather than getting home to find out that you paid $150 more than you had to, in order to get that $100 OBC. Go prepared, and it's a GREAT deal!

"SKY"

I could have booked at higher price and than gotten price drop when we got home but they pissed me off big time by refusing to check website so I just purchased the fcc.

For some reason the people who they put on ships are not the brightest people working for Carnival.

Can you book as a open date and not a specific date ?

Sorry you cannot. They used to have a future cruise certificate that would allow this but that is gone.

You have to book a specific cruise on board but you can change it to whatever you want later. Make sure you book a short cruise, preferably with a half price deposit, a long way off. Do not book a non-refundable fare like Early Save. You must make the change before final payment is due on the cruise that you booked or you will incur cancellation penalties. You also must call Carnival to make the change and you will keep the same booking number but everything else will change. If the booking is assigned to a travel agent then they must call Carnival to make the changes. If you booked a 3 day cruise with a $50 OBC and then change to a longer cruise, the amount of the OBC will change to whatever is applicable, such as $100 for a 7 day cruise.

Still works great but the initial cost will be higher, even with the half price deposit, than the $100 for the certificates. If you do book with a reduced deposit remember that you will have to pay the whole deposit for your new cruise, unless it also has a reduced deposit.

We've done this several times and it works just fine.

You have to book a specific cruise on board but you can change it to whatever you want later. Make sure you book a short cruise, preferably with a half price deposit, a long way off. Do not book a non-refundable fare like Early Save. You must make the change before final payment is due on the cruise that you booked or you will incur cancellation penalties. You also must call Carnival to make the change and you will keep the same booking number but everything else will change. If the booking is assigned to a travel agent then they must call Carnival to make the changes. If you booked a 3 day cruise with a $50 OBC and then change to a longer cruise, the amount of the OBC will change to whatever is applicable, such as $100 for a 7 day cruise.

Still works great but the initial cost will be higher, even with the half price deposit, than the $100 for the certificates. If you do book with a reduced deposit remember that you will have to pay the whole deposit for your new cruise, unless it also has a reduced deposit.

We've done this several times and it works just fine.

I know of this and at some point figure they will close this loophole.

At the future cruise desk on the Splendor they have a computer there for guests to access the Carnival website 24/7. We were able to check rates and cabins so we had all of our info prior to booking. Not sure if other ships have this too.

I could have booked at higher price and than gotten price drop when we got home but they pissed me off big time by refusing to check website so I just purchased the fcc.

For some reason the people who they put on ships are not the brightest people working for Carnival.

If you know what you are doing, what did you want them to check the website for? You can check Carnival.com free of charge, using your own computer, or go to the internet room, rather than wanting them to check.

Also, when was this? The FCC is long gone.

If you know what you are doing, what did you want them to check the website for? You can check Carnival.com free of charge, using your own computer, or go to the internet room, rather than wanting them to check.

Also, when was this? The FCC is long gone.

Because they were quoting me a price higher than i just saw on the website. I asked them to check it and they refused.