Westerdam horn?

swom

I just watched the Westerdam leave out of Port Everglades via this webcam: http://portevergladeswebcam.com/ and not a single toot was there from the Westie. This ship is known for it's fantastic horn blowing but it didn't even blow once.

Anyone know why? Did she blow her horns last Saturday? I missed that one.

Thank you!

There were 5 toots last Sunday. If I thought that was disappointing I can't believe there were ZERO today!:mad: Might have to re-think our cruise 4 weeks from today! :confused:

Is it still Captain John Scott? He seems rather conservative...perhaps he doesn't like the tooting at length.

However, I think it's more that some don't like to "toot" when it's dark. That happened last winter as you might recall.

The Westerdam wasn't the only one who didn't toot...neither did the Emerald Princess who went before her.

I'm going on the Westie in 2 weeks from today for Thanksgiving. I've never been on her before, just the Oosterdam. I will be very sad if she doesn't honk her horn when I am on her and we are sailing away. Is it possible to know who the Captain will be in two weeks?

I'm so excited I can barely stand it!!!

Andrea

is it still captain john scott? He seems rather conservative...perhaps he doesn't like the tooting at length.

however, i think it's more that some don't like to "toot" when it's dark. That happened last winter as you might recall.

the westerdam wasn't the only one who didn't toot...neither did the emerald princess who went before her.[/

Edited by Wakepatrol

Capt. Henk, the "champion" hornblower is now on the Eurodam, watch as she leaves Ft Lauderdale today.

OK, this is what I needed to know. Captain Henk is master of horn blowing. Hope he returns to the Westie by Feb.

Thank you!

We had a fabulous time! We were in cabin 8050. Before we left, I was a little concerned about hearing noise from scraping chairs since we were under the pool. The first day we heard a few noises but after that it was so quiet.

Food in the dining room was delicious and we had the best service and food of the trip in the Pinnacle. We ate there twice.

This was my third time on the Westerdam and she is still beautiful and very clean.