New Year's Eve

Suevr

We have done 2 NYE cruises. But they were a few years ago, so somethings may have changed. At the time of boarding, free champaign on the Lido deck noon to about 3 pm. On NYE a large deck party plus free champaign at mid-night. Both cruises were a blast. And I wanted to go this year but too many family members visiting Florida.

I will warn of a couple of things, 1.) The ship is packed. They utilize the entire ship and will be well over 100% occupied. How do the do that? If a cabin only has 2 beds, but they but in a trundle bed, then that cabin is 133% occupied. So expect long lines at the buffet and get your deck chair early. 2.) it is quite a party atmosphere, so expect to see some really drunk people. The people watching is really great fun on these cruises.

Enjoy, it is a great time and good memory!

I LOVE them~~

The atmosphere and décor is different from any other cruise you'll ever take. They cost a little more but worth it for the time you'll have. New Years eve the staff are out as well. They provide party favors, hats & horns ect. There is a balloon drop in the atrium with big band music usually and on Lido is the big party with current music.

I'm so looking forward to it! Miracle here we come!:D

I LOVE them~~

The atmosphere and décor is different from any other cruise you'll ever take. They cost a little more but worth it for the time you'll have. New Years eve the staff are out as well. They provide party favors, hats & horns ect. There is a balloon drop in the atrium with big band music usually and on Lido is the big party with current music.

I'm so looking forward to it! Miracle here we come!:D

Every NYE cruise I've looked at is at least double (some even more) the cost. Simple supply and demand. CCL and all lines charge what they feel the market will bear.

We find sometimes it's cheaper to take the NY cruise vs the Christmas one, but anything during a holiday is nearly double the price (or triple in some cases). They are definitely a different kind of cruise....very high energy.

We took the family on one a few years ago and absolutely loved it. As mentioned before, free champagne and the only time (as far as I know) crew gets to mingle with the passengers (Lido deck at midnight). Well worth it in my opinion. We are lookimg forward to when we can do it again.

Have paid double.. I cruised in August ( my son and I) same basic cruise and the price was $1580.00, OV. New Years is $1816.00 French doors. Cabin is different, but excited for the fresh air and ocean sound and less than $300 difference. If I get price drops (which I do every year) it will eat into that.

I am a price watcher and I book early and ES when it comes to New Years.:p

We were on the Breeze last year for New Years & my entire family had the time of our lives. We never waited on any lines to eat. We never encountered any crowd issues. We loved it so much that we are going in 44 days for this New Years & the price we paid was inredible!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

New Years cruising is great fun. There is nothing like being in the middle of the ocean at midnight in the pitch dark with the ship lit up and a great party going on (everyone including staff are up on Lido). We did this the first time last year on the Paradise and will be bringing in this New Years on the Legend before she heads down under. With any luck, this will become a family tradition for years to come.

Edited by rolaur

I have been on at least 5 New Years cruises, going again this year out of NYC. They are a bit crowded but I already know that and I love the energy it gives you. The ships are decorated and it is the best place to be. I have my entire night planned, We will be in the Bahama's, going to the beach for the day, dinner reservations at the steakhouse and then night time celebrating the new year dancing and enjoying life.

P.S. This year the cruises went down, we purchased this cruise less than any other year. December 27th I can't wait.

Dorene

We'll be on this cruise also. Can't wait. Go join the roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1774612

Thanks, I already did join the roll call.

Thanks for all the responses. I can't wait for our NYE cruise. We'll be sailing on our 15th anniversary as we'll so it should be a blast. We did pay more to cruise over NYE, but DH is in the military and just returning from a one year deployment so we have to work around his schedule and this is the only cruise that fits. Should be fun!