Honeymoon & 1st Time Cruisers!

rianthelion

Hi there,

Does anyone that has cruised to St. Thomas before have any suggestions for what to do at this port? With any excursions, we are looking to save some money and have an awesome time by not booking through Carnival. We are cruising with Carnival early next year after our wedding and are very excited, just have no idea what to expect. I am the researcher out of the two of us so I would love to hear any tips anyone experienced has! Thank you!

What do you like to do? Are you beach people or would sitting and watching the ocean be boring to you? Have you snorkeled? Do you like to shop or is that something you hate? Just chilling your idea of fun or do you want to learn the history and culture of a place?

There are lots of great things to do in St Thomas and lots of us will be happy to help!

And congrats!

Annieban

Hi there,

Does anyone that has cruised to St. Thomas before have any suggestions for what to do at this port? With any excursions, we are looking to save some money and have an awesome time by not booking through Carnival. We are cruising with Carnival early next year after our wedding and are very excited, just have no idea what to expect. I am the researcher out of the two of us so I would love to hear any tips anyone experienced has! Thank you!

Congratulations on your pending marriage. Look for excursions to St Johns (25-minute boat ride) to the most impressive beaches in the world.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=404

Congratulations!

We've visited STT several times on a cruise and have also enjoyed land vacations there and we have a few ideas depending on your interests.

If a nice beach day sounds good we would just hop a taxi to Sapphire, gorgeous beach, water colors, and island views with amenities and abundant shade. I would then recommend heading back to Havensight where you dock and taking the aerial tram up to Paradise Point for the spectacular view and their signature drink, the Bailey's Bushwacker. We celebrated our 25th there with a vow renewal and had a blast, our favorite spot to relax before ending the day on STT. The tram is a 10 minute walk back to the ship. The tram is under repair at the moment and they are shuttling folks up and down until it is back up. You can buy refundable tram tickets through the ship.

Any other interests? There is a flyboarding outfit in Lindbergh Bay if you want something more exciting (stthomasflyboarding dot com) and lots of stuff in between!