Coffee Pots?

TXRed

Reading back, note that TXred called Princess to get specifics, will purchase a 110v small device WITH auto shut-off, and will present it for inspection upon boarding. Not ignore or flout rules!

Sounds like a good plan to me, and I am as picky about safety as they come.

(For me, Sab's and a [free] card will do just fine)

~sent using Cruise Critic app~ Edited by sminfiddle

[quote name='Astro Flyer'][quote name='SeaLaRae']
The coffee machines in the HC on the Royal use ground coffee & not from concentrate.[/quote]

[quote name='Pia1913'][quote name='SeaLaRae']

One coffee card will do it for a B2B. Are you on the Royal? Their regular coffee is better than the other ships, because as Astro said, they are using beans. Not the best, but better than concentrate. I still prefer my own in the AM followed by Via or an Americano.[/quote]

When we were on the Royal in July we were thrilled to see the machines with the coffee beans in them in the Horizon court UNTIL....one of the machines had a problem and was being 'repaired'. Apparently they are only made to look like they are brewing real coffee. It was just a "decoration ". They use syrup just like all the rest of the Princess fleet. We were disappointed to say the least. Further conversation with the staff again confirmed....only syrup. We are apparnently supposed to think it better coffee if we have the illusion that is is brewed. One staff member told us that it would not be possible to have brewed coffee in the Horizon Court as it would be impossible to keep on top of it. Too bad... Edited by whatcruiseisnext

[quote name='whatcruiseisnext']When we were on the Royal in July we were thrilled to see the machines with the coffee beans in them in the Horizon court UNTIL....one of the machines had a problem and was being 'repaired'. Apparently they are only made to look like they are brewing real coffee. It was just a "decoration ". They use syrup just like all the rest of the Princess fleet. We were disappointed to say the least. Further conversation with the staff again confirmed....only syrup. We are apparnently supposed to think it better coffee if we have the illusion that is is brewed. One staff member told us that it would not be possible to have brewed coffee in the Horizon Court as it would be impossible to keep on top of it. Too bad...[/QUOTE]
I wonder about what you were told because I went to the manufacture's website & they only had machines using ground coffee. Not that they couldn't manufacture one using concentrated coffee for Princess even though it's not on their website. Having decorative coffee displays seems to be useless to me & I did see them filling the container with ground coffee.

I may be wrong however I'm skeptical about what they said which wouldn't be the 1st time info from crewmembers was wrong. ;) Edited by Astro Flyer