Coffee Pots?

TXRed

We love our coffee and I have been reading the coffee on Princess is terrible....are we allowed to bring our own coffee pot (percolator type) and coffee? Or will I have to bring a french press...and then I need boiling water. Gotta have my good coffee as we are non drinkers and often have coffee drinks while others have wine etc. TIA

If sailing on the Royal the free coffee in the buffet & dining room is made from ground coffee & not from concentrate. I thought it was a big improvement & only used my coffee card for IC brewed coffee when wanting it to go in a paper cup with a lid. It would be great if Princess added the Royal's coffee system fleetwide to reduce the number of those who are unhappy with the coffee from concentrate.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Well, this is good to know. I was considering bringing my 4-cup Mr. Coffee with me. Scratch that.

I am planning to get us coffee cards, but using them requires leaving the cabin. DH is impossible until he is well-caffeinated. So: Next question, is the Room Service coffee decent or syrup?

If Room Service is not an option, then i guess I will be getting up and dressed to find him coffee and bring it back to the cabin. Not a fun prospect frankly.:(

We do have the benefit of Sabatini's for breakfast with our suite (may I assume THAT coffee is brewed??). But seriously, DH needs coffee first, even before leaving the cabin. Addiction is a terrible thing...

Princess is one of the few cruise lines that does not have a specific list of prohibited items in their Passage Contract. It only states:

You may not take on board firearms, controlled or prohibited substances, inflammable or hazardous items, any other items prohibited by applicable law, or any other item Carrier deems in its sole discretion to be detrimental to the safety or comfort of any person.

So while a percolator or Mr. Coffee machine is out, in theory you should be able to bring onboard a theromstatically-controlled kettle with auto shut-off similar to those found in hotels--and on many cruise ships during their seasons based out of Britain. Yes your luggage will almost definitely be sent to the "naughty room" upon x-ray, but you have the absolute right to demand such a kettle be tested for safety and returned to you.

I have always heard that coffee pots were allowed - as long as they have an automatic shut-off. For the first time, we are going to bring one on our upcoming cruise. We just got this from Amazon - it has an automatic shut-off, and no burner under the cup. It works great - we tested it out! :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005MF9C/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hi There

Sabatini breakfast will allow you a range of real coffee,

Those on the Royal also have concierge lounge,

plenty of good coffee on Princess if you know were to look,

Adagio bar can order coffee from Sabatini

yours Shogun

Hi There

Sabatini breakfast will allow you a range of real coffee,

Those on the Royal also have concierge lounge,

plenty of good coffee on Princess if you know were to look,

Adagio bar can order coffee from Sabatini

yours Shogun

Sabatinis, as you know, is for suite passengers only at breakfast, and Shogun of course.

Suggest that you get a coffee card on board.

thanks but that doesn't mean we can simply relax in our cabin with fresh perked coffee...someone has to go get it..:( not the same.

Yes, get a coffee card for $30 or so. Well worth it! My husband and I are also picky about our coffee and wouldn't cruise without one!

Would we each have to get a coffee card? Is there a limit on the amount per card? We are not fancy coffee drinkers, just plain old good coffee.

I suppose you could bring your French press but you'll still need to go get the boiling water or have it delivered to your cabin. They will confiscate any kettle/coffee pot you try to bring onboard.

I can't imagine getting boiling water...they would have to confiscate me with it...however, I am not one that would try to sneak anything on:rolleyes: However my DH and I will each carry on a bottle of wine for our traveling companions.

If sailing on the Royal the free coffee in the buffet & dining room is made from ground coffee & not from concentrate. I thought it was a big improvement & only used my coffee card for IC brewed coffee when wanting it to go in a paper cup with a lid. It would be great if Princess added the Royal's coffee system fleetwide to reduce the number of those who are unhappy with the coffee from concentrate.

I don't know about anyone else and this is just my personal opinion...but drinking coffee from a paper cup, even Starbucks, just isn't the same. Just reading coffee concentrate makes me cringe. :eek:

I can't imagine getting boiling water...they would have to confiscate me with it...however, I am not one that would try to sneak anything on:rolleyes: However my DH and I will each carry on a bottle of wine for our traveling companions.

I'm an Olympic tea drinker (hate coffee). I just ordered a pot of water every morning and had it within 10 minutes. Wasn't inconvenient at all. :)

I called Princess and they said there were no restrictions as long as it it a 110V- with automatic shut off. It could be subject to an inspection to ensure it meets those standards. Just tell them you have it so it doesn't look as though you are try to pull something over them. YIPPEE!!!:D

I'm an Olympic tea drinker (hate coffee). I just ordered a pot of water every morning and had it within 10 minutes. Wasn't inconvenient at all. :)

thanks, that's good to know for I often drink tea in the afternoon.

We love our coffee and I have been reading the coffee on Princess is terrible....are we allowed to bring our own coffee pot (percolator type) and coffee? Or will I have to bring a french press...and then I need boiling water. Gotta have my good coffee as we are non drinkers and often have coffee drinks while others have wine etc. TIA

While down in the naughty room one particular cruise, there were 3 large bins on wheels. Out of curiosity, I walked over and looked into one of the bins. My eyes about popped out of my head when I saw all the appliances that were confiscated from people's luggage's. Electric percolators, irons, a toaster oven and I kid you not a waffle iron! The other bins were filled up with Grey Goose and other expensive alcohol. So no, you can't bring a coffee maker - for sure it will get confiscated.

Edited by elliair

We do have the benefit of Sabatini's for breakfast with our suite (may I assume THAT coffee is brewed??). But seriously, DH needs coffee first, even before leaving the cabin. Addiction is a terrible thing...

Room Service coffee is good enough to get you to Sabatini's and there they can provide you with enough caffeine to achieve orbit. Any special coffee or tea, and no card punch is needed. I didn't use my Coffee Card even once.

I called Princess and they said there were no restrictions as long as it it a 110V- with automatic shut off. It could be subject to an inspection to ensure it meets those standards. Just tell them you have it so it doesn't look as though you are try to pull something over them. YIPPEE!!!:D

That's good to know. Just hope the people inspecting baggage at embarkation know that it's acceptable. Have a great trip!:)