C&A Confirmed New Drink Packages!

jamies78

So excited about this. I like to try expensive cocktails. My husband is a wine drinker and can do his fair share of drinking. I confirmed that one of us could get the classic while the other one got the premium but that the house wine was Sutter Home. I knew that would not fly with him. This will give us so many more options.

Hi

We are on Oasis sailing on 11/16 and have already purchased the premium package x 2 as well as a water package... Just wondering if we will be able to get 'upgraded' to the new premium pack or if it will take longer to actually come into effect?

Guess we will just have to wait and see :confused:

Karen

Being an Aussie can I ask what fruit punch and flavoured water are? I know, probably a really silly question...the lemonade thing I know ...it's what we call cordial.

Jenny

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Fruit punch = Mixed fruit squash

Flavoured water is water infused with a flavour, usually fruit of some sort. Typically water with fresh fruit floating in it in a large self serve dispenser. Though flavoured bottle water is also common in America as well.

Lemonade is a lemon flavored drink with sugar/sweetener, more akin to a lemon squash than say bitter lemon, or Sprite 7Up. It is not carbonated.

Hope some of this helps :)

Does anyone know if the changes to the beverages packages have also increased the cruise lenghts that it is available on? Currently, I believe it can only be purchased on 4-day and longer.

We are doing 3-day Enchantment in May, and wondering if the beverages pkgs will be available to purchase?

Thanks for this great info....

Sorry if someone has already posted this but, if we purchase the premium packages and receive freestyle cups I plan on giving the freestyle cups to my kids instead of buying them a soda package...yes?:)

That would be theft. The packages are priced for one person only. Many do cheat but if it gets out of hand the packages will be gone. That is a big reason they took so long to offer them in the first place.

I wish people were honest so they didn't have to have such strict policies. My wife usually only drinks a mixed drink or 2 a day, but she needs to use bonine sometimes and doesn't drink at all then. I'd love to be able to buy the package for myself and PURCHASE her drinks when she'd like one.

Sent from my XT897 using Forums mobile app

Seems strange that the non alcohol package goes from $6.50/day to$20/day just for specialty coffee. Hopefully they have just the soda package still. Kids don't drink any and neither do I.

So the $6 soda package will be gone then?

I don't need the water, juice, or coffee. I just want the soda. This really bums me out if it is $20 a day.

To Sum Up:

The traditional soda fountain package, the stand-alone bottled water package and the bottled juice packages will still be available, as will the wine and dine package (one of my favorites :D ). Also, with the select, premium and ultimate package you can get 20% off bottles of wine! I can't wait to use this when I cruise in May!

Hi

We are on Oasis sailing on 11/16 and have already purchased the premium package x 2 as well as a water package... Just wondering if we will be able to get 'upgraded' to the new premium pack or if it will take longer to actually come into effect?

Guess we will just have to wait and see :confused:

Karen

I can't see how they could track two different premium packages. My guess would be that they all change on the 15th.

Can't you just see them trying to figure out if you only get house wine or if you can get any wine (up to $12). No, sorry - you can't have bottled water cause you bought a different premium package. It would be a zoo!

Edited by MS52

Just glanced through some of the pages but it's official, listening to webinar now. Biggest change is not everyone in the stateroom has to get it. Fresh squeezed orange juice IS offered in the $20 per person package as well as specialty coffees. Premium $55 per person per day includes cocktails up to $10 value, frozen cocktails, beer, premium wines up to $12 value, non-alcoholic cocktails, 500 ml bottled still water and Fountain soda package with cup. Select package is $40 per person per day includes beer, wine by the glass value up to $8, non-alcoholic cocktails, and the Fountain soda package with cup. Ultimate packages is virtually unlimited including all that is included with the premium with no $$ limit and is $65 per person per day. A 20% discount off of select premium wines are offered with the Select, Premium and Ultimate packages.

Sorry if I am repeating info, just don't have time to read through all 7 pages. :)

Sorry if someone has already posted this but, if we purchase the premium packages and receive freestyle cups I plan on giving the freestyle cups to my kids instead of buying them a soda package...yes?:)

I hope they make the soda cups that go with the Premium package a different design so that can be prevented. Only an adult would be able to use that particular design - if a kid had it you know it's fraud.

I like the looks of the new packages and hate to see it abused and cut back by RCI.

Edited by MS52

I wish people were honest so they didn't have to have such strict policies. My wife usually only drinks a mixed drink or 2 a day, but she needs to use bonine sometimes and doesn't drink at all then. I'd love to be able to buy the package for myself and PURCHASE her drinks when she'd like one.

Sent from my XT897 using Forums mobile app

Good news! The program has changed and not everyone in the cabin has to purchase it now.

Could someone tell me the price of the Classic Package?

By Classic Package, do you mean the non-premium drink package? If so, that is called Select and is $40 per day.

Also fresh squeezed orange juice from the Windjammer IS included and I apologize again for repeating much of what has already been posted.

How the heck do i know what are $10 and under drinks? :( Not thrilled with that price cap just because it makes it more difficult to know what is in and what is out. Any one know what puts a drink over $10??

Check out the menu at http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/

or maybe ask the bartender?

How the heck do i know what are $10 and under drinks? :( Not thrilled with that price cap just because it makes it more difficult to know what is in and what is out. Any one know what puts a drink over $10??

It's really not that bad, my dh had the classic package on Celebrity which also has a $10 cap. I'd say 90% of normal drinks are covered. He's a rum & coke guy so he was fine. Pretty much the only thing he couldn't get were top shelf martinis and the specialty drinks in 1 of their bars.

I have to admit, at first I was not going to purchase any of the alcohol packages, but am now reconsidering this (especially if my husband and I can purcase different packages based on what we drink). We are also in port somewhere 5 out of the 7 days so was thinking that we would not benefit. I do have a question though. On our last cruise we drank the special after dinner drinks (shots) every single night. I am asuuming those would be included but want to make sure.

I just called in, here are some details.

• Premium package stays largely the same, with the addition of half-liter water bottles.
  • Classic is $5 cheaper. Does not include water bottles.
  • New $20 "Replenish" has premium coffee and tea, bottled water (still and sparkling), soda, virgin drinks, OJ
  • New Ultimate package at $65 is Premium+Replenish
  • Coke freestyle machine now open for all packages
  • Old soda package is the same.
  • Can be purchased up the the 4th-to-last day onboard (pro-rated)
  • Items costing in excess of the package terms have the covered amount discounted (e.g. package covers cocktails up to $10, you buy a $12 drink, you pay $2)
  • All can be purchased singly, no need for all adults to buy

I missed that yesterday, that's terrific! I think we're in.:D

I'm pretty sure this will not included fresh squeezed OJ that they do in Windjammer. It will be the OJ you get at the bars. That's all I could get with my premium package in April. It stated juice but when I tried to get the fresh squeezed I was told that fresh squeezed juice is not included but the juice at the bars only.

That was then and this is now.:D

Can one go to a bar for a fountain soda instead of using the machines exclusively? Carrying a big cup around isn't something I'm likely to do, since I normally don't drink more than one soda daily, if that....

Edited by critterchick

Just glanced through some of the pages but it's official, listening to webinar now. Biggest change is not everyone in the stateroom has to get it. Fresh squeezed orange juice IS offered in the $20 per person package as well as specialty coffees. Premium $55 per person per day includes cocktails up to $10 value, frozen cocktails, beer, premium wines up to $12 value, non-alcoholic cocktails, 500 ml bottled still water and Fountain soda package with cup. Select package is $40 per person per day includes beer, wine by the glass value up to $8, non-alcoholic cocktails, and the Fountain soda package with cup. Ultimate packages is virtually unlimited including all that is included with the premium with no $$ limit and is $65 per person per day. A 20% discount off of select premium wines are offered with the Select, Premium and Ultimate packages.

Sorry if I am repeating info, just don't have time to read through all 7 pages. :)

The description of the ultimate package just got interesting here. Look forward to seeing the official info once it's posted to the RC website. Might now be worth the upgrade from premium based on this description.