Mongolian Wok specifics

pamrose228

Cruised on the Splendor in October 2013 and had Mongolian Wok for lunch on most days during our cruise. The selection changes somewhat each day, but bok choy, cabbage, spinach, corn, broccoli, green peas, string beans, and pretty much what others listed from the other Carnival ships are all there on the Splendor as well. The proteins change a bit each day as well... you will have 3 choices each day, and you can mix them if you'd like...I recall selections including chicken, pork, mussels, calamari... no tofu. The sauces are as others have already posted (and you can mix those too). Enjoy!

Sent from my LG-P659 using Forums mobile app

I have always seen both types of noodles available every time I have ever been to the Wok (which is a lot lol). I always get some of each type. Never seen them only have one kind unless they have temporarily run out of one or the other.

Maybe my issue was that the second time I went there, they were closing up for the day and didn't bother putting more lo mein out on the buffet once they ran out. I did see them put a whole new rice noodles batch out there while I waited though. Luck of the draw I guess. I never had the black bean sauce but the szechuan is probably the best if you like hot and spicy taste.

The shrimp is available only on the first day. It seemed like chicken and beef were offered every day and the third choice varied daily among salmon, pork, calamari. That's the first place I go when getting on the ship. Too bad it is going away eventually.

• 7 months later...
I know what the concept is.....protein, veggies,noodles and sauce all your choice, and then they stir fry it for you. Been to other ones and I love it. Can anyone tell me what veggies they offer, in particular I love Asian type veggies (bok choy, bean sprouts, chinese cabbage, waterchestnuts, bamboo shoots) do they offer these or the usual broccoli, carrots, peppers, peas and corn only?

Also can you get it stire fried with no sauce or on the side?

TIA

Just a quick update. Based on seeing the Wok on a few different ships, I am pretty sure you can get it however you want it. I don't know if they would serve it to you with sauce on the side but they probably would if you asked them to. You take a bowl and put whatever you want into it before you even get to the cooking line. I believe they do have the things you described above although they do tend to vary from day to day. The veggies are usually the same though. The meats are what usually change daily. I don't know about Chinese cabbage but I am pretty sure they have the other stuff. Don't be shy when ordering though. They are there to cook everything to your particular order. I have seen some interesting concoctions cooked for people while waiting in line.

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ

Does the Glory have a mongolian wok?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No. They have Blue iguana cantina with tacos and burritos, Guy's burgers, fish n chips but no Mongolian Wok. Bummer as it is very good but they do have a good deli on that ship. The Guy's and blue iguana more than make up for the lack of a Wok though.

Can you get more than one choice of meat at a time?

And how is the general serving size? I don't want to wait in a long line for a snack that will leave me hungry afterwards.

They have bowls that you put your items in.......

You could get two bowls ,,,,,,put your noodles in one

and veggies in the other......Yes you can ask for more than one meat....

I get a platter/big plate to put the food in after it's been cooked....

I hand the plate to the cook,,,,,he puts the food it the plate.......

And how is the general serving size? I don't want to wait in a long line for a snack that will leave me hungry afterwards.

You can pick as many items and as much as you'd like so if you go away hungry it really is on you. I like to do a combo and shrimp and chicken with the veggies and noodles- Always yummy

I made a mad dash to the Mongolian Wok as soon as I boarded the Paradise after hearing so many rave reviews about it. It was so spicy it literally brought tears to my eyes. After 3 tries, I was done. I couldn't eat it.

I absolutely adore spicy food. The hotter, the better as far as I'm concerned. This was the first time I've ever had to stop eating something because it was too hot. I wanted to love the Mongolian Wok so badly!

Carnival Paradise April 2014

Allure of the Seas November 2014

No. They have Blue iguana cantina with tacos and burritos, Guy's burgers, fish n chips but no Mongolian Wok. Bummer as it is very good but they do have a good deli on that ship. The Guy's and blue iguana more than make up for the lack of a Wok though.

Oh, no! They had it last time I was on the Glory and I looooooved it! It's a great low fat alternative!

Just off the Breeze and I love spicy hot food but when I tell you it's hot it's HOT stick with just asking for soy sauce and a little spicy sauce on the side so you can add yourself.The wok offered 3 meats each day I saw chicken, pork, beef, mussels, calamari in rotation. There was rice noodles /glass noodles, lo mein noodles, broccoli, cabbage, corn, onions, peas, bokchoy, onions, mushrooms, and zucchini wish I could post a picture.

You can get a combo of all three if you want.

I asked many questions about the MW and finally got to experience it when I was on the Splendor in January. Every day was different. Right after embarkation we ran to the Wok and tried it with the Szechuan sauce, which was way to hot, next day I tried the Thai and it was much better.

My DS, learned to get there at 11:45, no lines at all.

Don't discount the Tandoori, if there is one on your ship. The food is spectacular.

I do not like any of their sauces. So on the Splendor last year the chef told me to go get him a packet of sugar. I did. He told me he would make me sweet and sour sauce. It was wonderful. I carry sugar with me now all the time when I go the Grill.

Was just on the SPLENDOR last week......after having the Szechwan sauce, I had to go back to my cabin and change into asbestos underwear.

Ok that was rather funny. I actually chuckled out loud.

This whole thread is cracking me up. I am reading it like it is a suspense novel and getting more and more excited to try this. I think I am getting carried away with this all, yet I have my own questions now.

:pI love that sauce they give you at restaurants with Moo Shoo Pork. You are suppose to spread it in the "pancakes" then add the moo shoo and roll it up. can anyone tell me if that is the same sauce as Carnival's black bean?

2nd question is can I make my husband a bowl in addition to mine and have them cook up two different dishes or must he stand in line too? He always goes for the quickest items then complains :rolleyes: