Half Moon Cay- (Cabana) Changes in food provided?

13cheermom

I have read some reviews recently that the snacks provided in the cabana rentals have really diminished :(. Just wondered if this is an overall change or if just some cruises experienced this? Have booked one for next year and wanted to know what to expect? We were really looking forward to the cut-up fresh fruit and veggie trays for the snacks, some reported it was replaced with whole oranges and apples on a plate, with no vegetables :confused: Anyone know what the real story is? Thanks!

This is what we were given on our Carnival Splendor visit this past August.

We were a bit disappointed....

A543.JPG

This is what we are used to getting.....

CF139.JPG

My guess is that since the ship brings the food ashore, what you might get can vary from ship to ship.

Edited by Jamman54

Thanks for your reply, I remember seeing your photos in your review now! Also read others who recently visited the island, so I wondered if this was an across the board change. I know on our recent Sunshine cruise (which was in the Mediterranean) we had several days with no pineapple or watermelon, thought they must have run out. But then it returned and we had it till the end of our cruise. I realize we were on a 12-day cruise so things like that do happen, and since the food comes from the ship that could affect the snack possibilities. Also since the cabana provides beverages and food for 4 included in price, even though it will only be 2 of us, shouldn't we just tell them it is for 4 people? Seems like we kinda paid for it…. lol. Thanks for any advice!:)

Thanks for your reply, I remember seeing your photos in your review now! Also read others who recently visited the island, so I wondered if this was an across the board change. I know on our recent Sunshine cruise (which was in the Mediterranean) we had several days with no pineapple or watermelon, thought they must have run out. But then it returned and we had it till the end of our cruise. I realize we were on a 12-day cruise so things like that do happen, and since the food comes from the ship that could affect the snack possibilities. Also since the cabana provides beverages and food for 4 included in price, even though it will only be 2 of us, shouldn't we just tell them it is for 4 people? Seems like we kinda paid for it…. lol. Thanks for any advice!:)

Sure, tell them it's for four. any leftover soda or water can be brought back on the ship.

When we were on the Splendor at HMC last June we said that we did not get the fruit like we normally did when we have been to HMC. It was our 8th time at HMC but first on the Splendor and the fruit was not cut up yet we did get the veggies still. Maybe it does depend on teh ship and the season. Normally we go in the Fall not the summer.

This is what we were given on our Carnival Splendor visit this past August.

We were a bit disappointed....

A543.JPG

This is what we are used to getting.....

CF139.JPG

My guess is that since the ship brings the food ashore, what you might get can vary from ship to ship.