Flowrider lessons cancelled - Oasis Jan 25, 2014 sailing

Iandidar

So I just got an email saying my flowrider lesson had been cancelled....called the 800 number and was told first it was all early lessons, then that all lessons on my sailing were cancelled, and many on other ships as well. They may or may not be available at a later date.

Anyone ever had this happen and maybe shine some light on it? Or maybe someone on a recent/current cruise able to say if they are broken?

I wouldn't worry about it, it is probably just a system error. Try again in a couple of days. It could also be that they are not taking pre-resevations anymore which is no big deal. Just sign up once onboard as they will offer as many lessons as people sign up for. They never sell out.

I am sailing on the Oasis in February and have not been able to book flowrider lessons online. The option is not available and I have been wondering what has been happening. When I first booked the cruise the option was there and I reviewed the times. Now its not even an option??

The guy at the 800 number said the same, that they saw no options at this time for flowrider lessons.

I've been trying to call back to speak to "resolutions" about this missing refund, and been disconnected twice now while being transferred.

As a first timer on RCCL, this isn't a great impression. We are trying the switch for two reasons, one the wife wants to try the Oasis...but also because the service we've been receiving on Carnival has been headed downhill. But if we get this kind of runaround before we've even seen a ship it's seriously going to factor into whether or not we take any further RCCL trips, or return to Carnival.

It ~was~ available on the precruise planning section of the website..it's still there, but now tells you that you must be within 2 months of sailing to do so.

Got it. Guess that explains why I can't see it yet either even if they were still offering advance reservations. Thanks!

After seeing this post i went and checked our reservations for the flow rider on our January 12, 2014 cruise on the Allure.

The reservation was no longer there.

I called customer service and they said there was a "mass cancellation" of flow rider lessons, but that i could book other times. A refund should be applied to me credit card in the next few days.

When i go into the reservation system i no longer see the flow rider option listed.

Guess we will wait till we're onboard to book!

So I just got an email saying my flowrider lesson had been cancelled....called the 800 number and was told first it was all early lessons, then that all lessons on my sailing were cancelled, and many on other ships as well. They may or may not be available at a later date.

Anyone ever had this happen and maybe shine some light on it? Or maybe someone on a recent/current cruise able to say if they are broken?

Pure Speculation that they have scheduled preventative maintenance for that week. Watch and see if others in the week before or after report the same thing. I don't remember which ship it was that was in Port Everglades, but the webcam showed new equipment being craned in for one of the flowriders and I heard stories of the same email going out for that cruise.

Most likely your account doesn't show the -60$ because the credit has been issued back to your credit card. It might take a couple days to show on your credit card account though. Whenever we have had a refund coming it showed the negative amount until the credit was actually processed.

And don't worry, you'll still love Royal Caribbean!!

I never recieved an email, but after reading this thought I should check our flowrider lessons.

Oasis Jan 4th, 2014 sailing

The reservation is not showing anymore and there is no option of booking online anymore :(

Disappointed as our excursion in Cozumel was also mass cancelled awhile back.

( also learned about that on these boards too ) :confused: