Platinum Perks

gooch47

Are the items you get as a Platinum member per person or per cabin?

Two Platinum members in a cabin = two sets or one?

One gripe we have with Princess is the bar setup is per cabin even we are both Elite level.

Edited by gooch47

Most cases, two sets - if both people in same cabin are platinum.

We have been receiving 2 bottles of sparkling/red wine every time we arrive at our cabin. But only one box of Godiva chocolates.

2 sets of Le Bistro dinner for 2.

2 sets of free fill up laundry bag.

2 sets of Behind The Scene tour.

etc.

Edited by bluesea777

In our experience it is per cabin. Once we had 2 cabins - each parent (platinum) with a kid in each cabin - we got twice of everything. But when the 4 of us were in a single cabin, we only got perks as if only one of us was a platinum member.

Edited by Rada_CMH

We have been receiving 2 bottles of sparkling/red wine every time we arrive at our cabin. But only one box of Godiva chocolates.

etc.

Another ditto with the exception of only receiving one bottle of wine (which is currently sparkling).

If one does a back to back or three cruises in a row booked as one cruise, does one receive all the platinum perks on each leg of the cruise? If I purchase 250 minutes of internet time, can that time be used through all three legs of the cruise, or must I start over at each new leg? Will I get the extra Latitudes online minutes added at each leg of the cruise?

If one does a back to back or three cruises in a row booked as one cruise, does one receive all the platinum perks on each leg of the cruise? If I purchase 250 minutes of internet time, can that time be used through all three legs of the cruise, or must I start over at each new leg? Will I get the extra Latitudes online minutes added at each leg of the cruise?

Last month we were on the Star for b2b cruises. Even though they'd been booked as a single cruise, we got the platinum perks for each leg: a bottle of wine & Godiva chocolates for the cabin each segment, 2 Le Bistro dinners for each of us each segment, Behind the Scenes tour voucher per person each segment, and a laundry bag special per platinum member per segment.

My unused Internet minutes from my 250 minute (+30) the first leg carried over to the second leg. I bought a 100 minute package the second leg and got the 15minute perk. Actually, there are several Internet offers made during cruises. Just make sure you read the ship's daily newsletter.

etc.

Sounds Great!

we loved the fact we got 2 vouchers for dinner for 2 and even better when we discovered you don't have to use it in le bistro and can go to moderno instead

when one was gold and one was platinum, we got 2 boxes of chocolates and now we are both platinum we only get 1

Last month we were on the Star for b2b cruises. Even though they'd been booked as a single cruise, we got the platinum perks for each leg: a bottle of wine & Godiva chocolates for the cabin each segment, 2 Le Bistro dinners for each of us each segment, Behind the Scenes tour voucher per person each segment, and a laundry bag special per platinum member per segment.

My unused Internet minutes from my 250 minute (+30) the first leg carried over to the second leg. I bought a 100 minute package the second leg and got the 15minute perk. Actually, there are several Internet offers made during cruises. Just make sure you read the ship's daily newsletter.

Correction: it was not 2 Le Bistro dinners for each of us each segment, it was two dinners, ONE each for each segment. The voucher could also have been used in La Cucina or in Moderno.

Thank you all for the information. Since my wife and I do not drink alcohol, could we take the Le Bistro wines and the sparkling room bottle home with us? Would there be a custom's problem with getting off the ship in Canada with 9 bottles of wine between the two of us? What about getting said bottles from Canada to the USA via airlines?

Thank you all for the information. Since my wife and I do not drink alcohol, could we take the Le Bistro wines and the sparkling room bottle home with us? Would there be a custom's problem with getting off the ship in Canada with 9 bottles of wine between the two of us? What about getting said bottles from Canada to the USA via airlines?

I don't know what Canadian limit is but in US we would have to pay duty tax on that much liquor. Wouldn't cost very much and many times the officials waive the tax because time spent doing the paperwork isn't worth the hassle.

Airlines will not allow the liquor in carryon bags so you'd have to cushion it well in checked bags. The sparkling wine bottle is heavier than the other wine bottles. You'd have to make sure you were within your airline weight limits.

Personally, I don't think it's worth the hassle for that calibre wine if you plan to give it away.