Tortuga Rum Cakes - Where can I (should I) purchase in bulk?

thebutlerdidit

I was thinking of bringing back a bunch of Tortuga Rum Cakes as Christmas gifts for family. I know the company has a website, and their prices include shipping to the USA. I guess my question is whether or not it's more cost effective buying them at the factory or if they can be found cheaper elsewhere - or maybe I should just order online? I've never been to the Caribbean, so I'm clueless.

Online prices:

16 oz cakes are $24.95

32 oz are $32.95

6-pack of 4 oz cakes are $34.95

There's a 10% off code available, too.

Our cruise hits Jamaica, too. I'm just not sure where all I'll see these. Thanks in advance for any tips or hints you can throw my way.

I was thinking of bringing back a bunch of Tortuga Rum Cakes as Christmas gifts for family. I know the company has a website, and their prices include shipping to the USA. I guess my question is whether or not it's more cost effective buying them at the factory or if they can be found cheaper elsewhere - or maybe I should just order online? I've never been to the Caribbean, so I'm clueless.

Online prices:

16 oz cakes are $24.95

32 oz are $32.95

6-pack of 4 oz cakes are $34.95

There's a 10% off code available, too.

Our cruise hits Jamaica, too. I'm just not sure where all I'll see these. Thanks in advance for any tips or hints you can throw my way.

I can only speak for Holland America Lines but the above are sold in the ship shops on all Caribbean cruises. I paid at least 25% less on board than the above prices. There is a Tortuga factory outlet in Grand Cayman where you can dine on all of the rum cake you wish. Prices there were similar to what you have above but a lot more expensive than on board.

My gifts were four 6-packs that I broke down and distributed to co-workers.

I can only speak for Holland America Lines but the above are sold in the ship shops on all Caribbean cruises. I paid at least 25% less on board than the above prices. There is a Tortuga factory outlet in Grand Cayman where you can dine on all of the rum cake you wish. Prices there were similar to what you have above but a lot more expensive than on board.

My gifts were four 6-packs that I broke down and distributed to co-workers.

This was very helpful, Crew News. Thanks, I'll definitely visit the on board shop before visiting Grand Cayman to compare prices and look forward to sampling the different flavors!

Ordering from their website gets you free shipping in the United States.

I got a some promo codes in the mail today from them. Send a PM if you want one. The flyer says to share them. $4 off purchase of $40 or more. Or $12 off purchase of $75 or more. Might find other discount codes floating out there.

* I am not connected in any way to Tortuga Rum Company (except by my expanding waistline from eating yummy rum cakes). I don't benefit in any way if someone uses one of these codes.

Drew, do you know what the price is like on rum cakes at Cost-U-Less?

OP, the Cost-U-Less store by Governor's Harbour (a membership-free Costco-type store, close to Seven Mile Beach) sells the rum cakes in bulk packs. Depending on what discounts you can find other places, that might be an option...

Drew, do you know what the price is like on rum cakes at Cost-U-Less?

OP, the Cost-U-Less store by Governor's Harbour (a membership-free Costco-type store, close to Seven Mile Beach) sells the rum cakes in bulk packs. Depending on what discounts you can find other places, that might be an option...

I just got back from Cost-U-Less and made a note of their prices for Tortuga Rum Cakes. (I did not see any other brands there.)

• 33oz Tortuga Rum Cake - Original Golden flavour - a package of two cakes for CI$39.99 (US$49.99)
  • 16oz Tortuga Rum Cake - Original Golden flavour - a package of two cakes for CI$29.99 (US$37.49)
  • 4oz Tortuga Rum Cake variety pack - six different flavours - one package of six small cakes for CI$24.99 (US$31.24)

All prices include tax.

I did not see any other multi-packs. I also checked at Priced Right next to the airport Fosters IGA but their prices were higher and they did not carry the variety pack.