Hotel Continental Palace Barcelona

loum140

We are considering the Hotel Continental Palace in Barcelona, near Plaza Cataluna. Can any recent visitors advise if there are toiletries in the bathroom, or do I have to pack shower cap, shampoo, bath gel, etc. Thanks.

Edited by loum140

We are considering the Hotel Continental Palace in Barcelona, near Plaza Cataluna. Can any recent visitors advise if there are toiletries in the bathroom, or do I have to pack shower cap, shampoo, bath gel, etc. Thanks.

To clarify, we have twice had recent hotel stays where no shower cap was provided and in reading some reviews of this hotel, one guest complained there were no toiletries. All the other reviews were satisfactory, but no one else mentioned the above. Just want to be prepared. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

There was one dispenser of "catch all" soap that was intended to cover everything. We found a grocery store and bought a bar of soap and shampoo. However, don't let this distract you from this hotel which has an excellant location and the convenient 24 hour buffet which will more than make up for the lack of amenities in the bathroom. We also enjoyed the staff and met the owner who lives upstairs.

We stayed at the Continental in November. Soap was provided ... no other toiletries were provided.

I agree with JeanRoll. The excellent location overlooking Las Ramblas (we had a balcony) & buffet more than makes up for the lack of shower cap or shampoo. Stores are conveniently located nearby.

Just a little clarification I think. 'dogs4fun' is describing the Hotel Continental (which is on Las Ramblas). I believe the OP is asking about the sister hotel , The Hotel Continental Palacete about 2 blocks north of Placa de Catalunya.

We stayed there a few years ago. Can't remember about toiletries, but what a great place! A bit quirky and very pink(!), but the buffet, free drinks and free wifi all help. There is also a taxi rank opposite the door to get you to your ship...about €22 I think. We stayed 4 days and when we came back from our cruise they let us store all our luggage for the day ('cos our overnight train wasn't until 8pm) and use all the facilities for free! I'd stop there again no problem.

Simon

Just a little clarification I think. 'dogs4fun' is describing the Hotel Continental (which is on Las Ramblas). I believe the OP is asking about the sister hotel , The Hotel Continental Palacete about 2 blocks north of Placa de Catalunya.

We stayed there a few years ago. Can't remember about toiletries, but what a great place! A bit quirky and very pink(!), but the buffet, free drinks and free wifi all help. There is also a taxi rank opposite the door to get you to your ship...about €22 I think. We stayed 4 days and when we came back from our cruise they let us store all our luggage for the day ('cos our overnight train wasn't until 8pm) and use all the facilities for free! I'd stop there again no problem.

Simon

Yes, you are correct. My mistake.