Celebrity Solstice Tracy Arm Fjord Explorer Excursion

bertrande

We will be on the Celebrity Solstice in July and on one of the days, the ship cruises Tracy Arm in the morning before docking in Juneau at 1.30pm, leaving at 10pm. Celebrity is offering a Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer excursion that starts at 8am and runs for 5 hours. Has anyone done this excursion before? Do participants disembark from the ship at Tracy Arm and then rejoin the ship in Juneau when it docks? I'm trying to plan a second excursion should we join this excursion and am wondering how this particular excursion works out, schedule and time wise. Grateful for your sharing. Thanks in advance!

This add on tour is always recommended by me. I find it "necessary" to consider since it is SO superior to any cruise ship sailing.

With an afternoon Juneau port time, usually you will exit your cruise sihp, just outside of Tracy Arm, and return to Juneau in the tour boat, which is operated by Major Marine, direct onto your cruise ship. Again, usually, the tour boat gets to Juneau up to an hour later than the cruise ship.

You can easily plan another excursion, I would look at timing it 2:30p or later if going independent. If you go with a ship tour, the timing may be all set for you, not allowing you to book anything, that would conflict?

Did it in September and it was the best excursion we did, the photo ops were amazing, be sure and stay outside for the entire trip there is so much to see in both wildlife and scenery. If the ship is to be tendered in Juneau you will be able to go straight from the boat to the tender.

John

I think you mean "operated by Allen Marine" not Major Marine, right, BQ?;)

I'm booked on this for the first time next May and am VERY excited to give it a try after hearing so many wonderful things about it - not only from you but from many, many others. Can't wait!:)

Yes, correct, Allen Marine. I did not pay attention to my reply and it is a mistake. I have been recommending this add on for at least 10 years.

Edited by Budget Queen

We also will be on the solstice and want to do this excursion while in Tracey arm but can't locate one on celebrity's web site? Am I searching incorrectly? Thoughts?

this is too early for all the tours to be listed. Check back next year, and keep checking.

• 3 weeks later...
We will be sailing on the Solstice in August and are also interested in this excursion. What can we expect for costs?

$200--++ per person range

Well worth the cost, since it is so grossly superior compared to the cruise ship transit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking to book this excursion and also want to do a whale watching excursion through a private company while in Juneau for 3:00. I know this tour is recommended but do you think adding both excursions will be stretching it or too much for one day? Should I look at doing both or just one, if so which would be better?

Thank you for all of your great advice.

My daughter and I will be on the Solstice, our Tracy Arm day is May 25. The excursion description on Celebrity's website says it is a "Luxurious High Speed Catamaran"

Here in Florida, a Catamaran means we will be travelling mostly outside, that can't be right for Alaska? There are no photos of the boat on the Celebrity website - can you provide a description? I'm concerned that it will be cold for my thin, Florida blood. 5 hours is a long time to be in the sun and wind.

Thanks again,

Bridget