Upsell disappointment

CrusinCouple

I received an email for an upgrade offer (from a EE to a Vista Suite) $799pp. The email said to phone between 7am-7pm after holding with a recording saying they would be right with me, the next recording said they were closed. I will try my luck on Monday or wait to see if a better offer comes along...

Hope you get lucky.

It is always 'first come first served' and those offers are sent to many people. Whoever calls first and accepts, gets the upsell.

Let us know how it goes for you.

I get that...but it is annoying that they didn't answer the phone while it was still business hours...

What time did you call?

I saw the email about 10 minutes after it arrived. I started phoning them at 6:40pm (Seattle time) and the recording said that my call was important and they would be with me shortly, heard that a couple of times and then after about 5 minutes it said he office was closed. I hung up and tried again and had the same thing occur. I went ahead and emailed them figuring if they were closed then no one else would be able to get through either. Probably for the best, not sure the cost is worth the Vista suite.

I saw the email about 10 minutes after it arrived. I started phoning them at 6:40pm (Seattle time) and the recording said that my call was important and they would be with me shortly, heard that a couple of times and then after about 5 minutes it said he office was closed. I hung up and tried again and had the same thing occur. I went ahead and emailed them figuring if they were closed then no one else would be able to get through either. Probably for the best, not sure the cost is worth the Vista suite.

I am not sure why you got the recording to wait but that department does close at 5:00pm pacific time so at 6:40 Seattle time they would have long been closed. You can contact them on Monday between 8am and 5pm Pacific Time

I received an email for an upgrade offer (from a EE to a Vista Suite) $799pp. The email said to phone between 7am-7pm after holding with a recording saying they would be right with me, the next recording said they were closed. I will try my luck on Monday or wait to see if a better offer comes along...

I would try today being Saturday to call. We have spoken with HA on the weekends before in regards to information. Didn't always get the best people since it was the weekend but its worth a try IMO.

How long in your cruise - hard to tell the value of an upsell without knowing how many days you will enjoy the extras for the extra costs. We feel as a bench mark $30-35 per day per person is a really good deal. Sorry about the phone problems but this is not an unreasonable situation these days when calling anyone. Obviously they broadcast these upsell offers and can only handle a few of the calls that get returned. Their job is to sell those cabins to the first ones who get back to them. Nothing personal.