GTY Cabin Assignment??1 Week to go - Nothing Yet

Coasty

Started off with a OV and up-grade to BX. Got a BB and a cabin number. Then for $50 each got upped to MX:). Just a little over a week till we cruise and still do not have a cabin assignment.

Has anyone waited till the day of the cruise to get a number?:confused:

It is really going to be tough filling out the luggage tags:rolleyes:

The longer we wait for a cabin, are the chances better of getting another up-grade?

Started off with a OV and up-grade to BX. Got a BB and a cabin number. Then for $50 each got upped to MX:). Just a little over a week till we cruise and still do not have a cabin assignment.

Has anyone waited till the day of the cruise to get a number?:confused:

The longer we wait for a cabin, are the chances better of getting another up-grade?

We were never notified of our cabin (no call or email by our TA), but I noticed the assignment in the MyNCL a week or so before sailing. Have you checked there?

We were never notified of our cabin (no call or email by our TA), but I noticed the assignment in the MyNCL a week or so before sailing. Have you checked there?

Since we changed to a MX I have checked 2 or 3 times a day and have called NCL twice. Once I was told the assignment would be there a week before the cruise and today I was told, we may not get a cabin number till we check in. I am willing to bet, that if I called right now, there would be a different answer:rolleyes:

Thanks for all the answers, keep them coming. Each is different, just like talking to NCL.:p

Edited by Coasty

Hi Steve~ looks like you and Bev are going on another great cruise! Have fun~ the Panama Canal is a dream cruise of mine~

We are really looking forward to this one:)

Coasty, are you a Coastie?

Semper Paratus - Alameda, Groton, Charleston, OR and got married in the Academy Chapel. Yep, I was a Coastie.

uscg-surf.jpg.fc2d44a09bfffecdcef7b442db1d866d.jpg

Victory.jpg.be1fffb6d08ca44cd970dbf3bc818d7d.jpg

We are really looking forward to this one:)

Semper Paratus - Alameda, Groton, Charleston, OR and got married in the Academy Chapel. Yep, I was a Coastie.

Great! I am a Coastie as well! Boot camp at Alameda, TT school Governor's Island and the rest of my time Group Shinnecock LI, NY.

Semper Paratus!

You don't need to worry about the tags until you get to the pier and then they do have passenger manifest which states your cabin number so that the porter can write the tags for you.

Even though we always have cruised in a cabin we chose when booking/upgrading, we never have tags when arriving to port - it's that easy to get them from the porter.

I am in a similar situation except that I have just over 32 days to go. Decided to book a Xmas cruise and the only cabins were GTY type.

Glad to hear that they can give you luggage tags at the port. My fear is that I won't get a room assigned and have no tags which show where to deliver my bags to.

Keeping my fingers crossed for an upgrade as I am a loyal NCL cruiser.

Our daughter gty room on the Gem in August wasn't issued until noon on friday for a sat sailing. No special room or upgrade. Other CC'ers explained that the roster is usually completed by noon the day before sailing. But there is really no system. Depends on how full the ship is, and which categories are unsold

Good luck

Safe sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by spidybabe