Zacharian's Ocean Blue on Breakaway

coffeebean

Chef Zacharian is my favorite chef from the Food Network and I am looking forward to an exquisite meal in his upscale restaurant onboard the Breakaway. To those who have dined in this restaurant on Breakaway, please tell me about your experience. Ocean Blue is the most expensive of the upcharge restaurants and I'd like to know if it is worth it.

Chef Zacharian is my favorite chef from the Food Network and I am looking forward to an exquisite meal in his upscale restaurant onboard the Breakaway. To those who have dined in this restaurant on Breakaway, please tell me about your experience. Ocean Blue is the most expensive of the upcharge restaurants and I'd like to know if it is worth it.

I'm definitely glad that we tried it. Having said that, I don't think we would do it again. The food was good but not worth the price. We had every bit as good of meals at Cagneys. I would rather go there twice for about the same cost.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Does Ocean Blue on the Waterfront have the same menu as the indoor Ocean Blue restaurant?

If you mean the "to go" window outside, no. The menu there is a limited ala carte snackish menu. Try the lobster roll! If you mean the outside seating at Ocean Blue then yes same menu.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have dined twice at Ocean Blue and loved it. Impeccable service, great food (Dover sole and the grilled shrimp panzanella salad were yummy!) and overall a lovely experience. I also ordered the tuna crudo from the Raw Bar as an additional appetizer and it was delicious. I thought it was definitely worth the higher surcharge.

Tracy

Thanks for your quick responses. Good to know the Waterfront venue has the same menu as the indoor restaurant.
its a same venue/ location. They have few tables outside the restaurant on the deck . We walked passed few times outside and never seen anyone eating there. We did , however, only had few warm days. While dining in Wasabi right next to it, I did not see anyone inside either but few people at the bar which is part of the restaurant.

its a same venue/ location. They have few tables outside the restaurant on the deck . We walked passed few times outside and never seen anyone eating there. We did , however, only had few warm days. While dining in Wasabi right next to it, I did not see anyone inside either but few people at the bar which is part of the restaurant.

I wonder if Zakarian would drop the price of the surcharge to be more in line with other specialty restaurants (Cagney's) if he would get more customers.

I wonder if Zakarian would drop the price of the surcharge to be more in line with other specialty restaurants (Cagney's) if he would get more customers.

I don't think either he or NCL care about filling the restaurant. It is all about paying for exclusivity and the high end dining experience.

We went at the $35 price pp and for that price it was pretty good. The food was all around delicious. However I like the food on Norwegian in general so I'd probably not go back at $50 a pop. There would have to be something on the menu that I found irresistible in order to do that.

Since he's your favorite chef you'll probably really enjoy it. It does appeal to foodies, and I'm sure is worth it depending on what you like to eat. If I were you I'd check out the menu ahead of time, and definitely go once.

He's one of my favorite chefs as well. My sister ended up purchasing reservations for me and my mother. I've been doing plenty of research and spoke to my friends who have been on the cruise. So far no complaints! But I'll have to see for myself Thanksgiving week!