Toiletries in Suite?

NoName

I was in an SJ on the Dawn at the end of Sept/beginning of Oct and we got Elemis shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, a loofah, and a shower cap. May also have been shower gel - don't recall. I don't use it.

I wasn't crazy about the elemis -- I mean, it smelled nice and no doubt was better than the stuff in the prefilled canisters, but it didn't do much for my hair. So after a couple of days I switched to my own (nothing fancy -- probably Suave or head and shoulders!)

For the poster who has a balcony next to the suite, as others have pointed out, the people in the balcony won't get suite perks like Cagneys, priority boarding, etc.

On the other hand, there's nothing to keep you from sharing your afternoon treats with them. Generally speaking we always got 6-10 individual hors d'oevres each day, so you could invite them over for a glass of your sparkling wine, give them your grapes or hand them your plate of pb and jelly sandwich squares or chocolate strawberries if you wanted to be generous.

We are all one family, so it may be a question of who is in either cabin first after the goodies arrive, since we plan to keep the connecting door unlocked or open! But it does sound like there are some yummy things we could share. :D (PB and J?!)

Did it include any way to smoke them!?

OMG! I didn't know what you were talking about until I looked it up.LOL.

http://newstaar.com/experts-discuss-shocking-neuroscience-behind-bath-salts-drug-and-warn-of-dangerous-side-effects/359097/

But no, because they only have Zombie buffets on Halloween sailings.:D

Yes, - I forgot -- bathsalts and q tips (I think) in containers on shelving next to sink.

Yes, one of the butler treats one day was sandwiches cut up into squares -- pb+j and tuna, I think, arranged in a circle with potato chips in the center. Warning -- don't try to save chips for later. Even though we weren't aware of humidity, and it was a cool weather cruise, with no balcony in the room to let the ocean air in directly, by the time we got back from dinner the chips were pretty soft. (But tasty if you eat them when delivered!)

We were on a back to back, so maybe they don't break out the pb+j on a 7 day ;)

We got cookies a couple of times -- ridiculous number of cookies - like 10 or 12 for the two of us. That should serve both your cabins!

Hi Barbara,

We're in an aft penthouse on the 1-5-14 Jewel. I have highlighted hair -- will the Elemis shampoo and conditioner be good enough for my hair? Or do you recall what "type" of shampoo and conditioner they have? Like "Volume" for "color" or ? Thanks!

Diane

Hi Diane,

I think it volumizing shampoo if I remember correctly. I too have highlighted hair so I bring my own shampoo and conditioner. I find volumizing shampoos make my hair feel like straw.

I know what you are saying, but......I would have paid less to put all five in the one suite and then we would have all been suite passengers! But I thought it would be nice to have an extra bathroom and a little more space especially since the two cabins connect. Oh well! It is what it is! Thanks!

You would have paid less, but they would have another room to sell if you were all in one cabin. Not a true comparison.

Hi Diane,

I think it volumizing shampoo if I remember correctly. I too have highlighted hair so I bring my own shampoo and conditioner. I find volumizing shampoos make my hair feel like straw.

Thank you so much. Yup I guess I'll be bringing my own. My hair would not like that stuff but rest of the Elemis products will be fine I'm sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
We just got an upsell to our first suite, do they contact you for the pre-concierge things or is it up to us to contact them? (and thank you for the lists!!)

Congratulations on your upsell! Not sure whether or not it's too late to make any requests via the Pre-Cruise Concierge, but it's worth reaching out to them if there are any requests you hope to make prior to boarding. Dial 855-625-4283.

Have a great cruise!

Thank you so much. Yup I guess I'll be bringing my own. My hair would not like that stuff but rest of the Elemis products will be fine I'm sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

I just got back from the Jewel. The Elemis conditioner worked great for me. I have highlighted hair, and I took my own conditioner (I am really picky about my conditioner). I tried the Elemis just to see how it was and I really liked it. It did not say anything about volumizing. It did say vitamin. Perhaps they switch it up?

So the connecting person - Talk to someone the first day you get on the cruise.

We could not put two minor children in the connector, so my husband and I had to split, one room was a Owners suite the other was a penthouse on Pearl. Leaving one of us to not have suite privileges. We be moaned the concierge a bunch the first day and got all cards converted to silver. So it is do able. I would say ask and make sure you explain that your expectations were different when you were sold the cruise. Good Luck.

Hi Barbara,

We're in an aft penthouse on the 1-5-14 Jewel. I have highlighted hair -- will the Elemis shampoo and conditioner be good enough for my hair? Or do you recall what "type" of shampoo and conditioner they have? Like "Volume" for "color" or ? Thanks!

Diane

We're in a haven suite upcoming too and I've been watching this thread with interest because I too have difficulties with shampoos and conditioners. Mine's not color-treated, but it's very, very fine, and tends to be dry.

Thanks to the other posters ITT identifying that the shampoo and conditioner are of the elemis brand, I was able to narrow down what it is likely to be.

Most likely, in my opinion (and maybe someone can take a peek at the bottles and see if they look familar)

shampoo:

http://www.timetospa.com/elemis/bath-and-shower/elemis-aromazing-shampoo-300ml/

conditioner:

http://www.timetospa.com/elemis/bath-and-shower/elemis-pro-vitamin-conditioner-300ml/

The only other type of shampoo and condition I could find of the elemis brand was this:

http://www.amazon.com/Elemis-Holiday-Gift-Set-Conditioner/dp/3297000767/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1386342343&sr=8-5&keywords=elemis+shampoo

I believe it's more likely to be the top two, but as I haven't been on my cruise yet, I can't confirm it.

While I linked the official site for the first two, you can actually pick them up on Amazon for $16 a piece. I like to credit where credit is due, but I'm also cheap :p

I purchased the shampoo and conditioner from Amazon to give it a try before we go. Your mileage may vary, of course, but I thought the potential packaging space and trouble saved from not bringing my own was worth shelling out the money even if it turns out to not work for me.

Now...does anyone have any specific information on facial cleansers? Or am I stuck there?

W

Most likely, in my opinion (and maybe someone can take a peek at the bottles and see if they look familar)

shampoo:

http://www.timetospa.com/elemis/bath-and-shower/elemis-aromazing-shampoo-300ml/

conditioner:

http://www.timetospa.com/elemis/bath-and-shower/elemis-pro-vitamin-conditioner-300ml/

Now...does anyone have any specific information on facial cleansers? Or am I stuck there?

You are correct. This is the shampoo/conditioner you'll find in your penthouse/suite.

As for facial cleaners, I've always asked for the Elemis Pure Zest Cleansing Soap (says it's a "rich lathering vegetable soap, containing uplifting aroma to gently cleanse and refresh the skin") or Revitalise-me Soap (benefits: infused with the uplifting aromatics of thyme, basil and neroli this soap revistalises the senses whilst cleansing). I believe the Revitalise-me has replaced the Pure Zest.

Both my husband and I have combination skin and find these soaps excellent for both face and total body use.

You are correct. This is the shampoo/conditioner you'll find in your penthouse/suite.

As for facial cleaners, I've always asked for the Elemis Pure Zest Cleansing Soap (says it's a "rich lathering vegetable soap, containing uplifting aroma to gently cleanse and refresh the skin") or Revitalise-me Soap (benefits: infused with the uplifting aromatics of thyme, basil and neroli this soap revistalises the senses whilst cleansing). I believe the Revitalise-me has replaced the Pure Zest.

Both my husband and I have combination skin and find these soaps excellent for both face and total body use.

Thanks so much for the confirmation! I tried them for the first time this morning, so I definitely would have been kicking myself if I guessed wrong.

And you get choices? I'm not being sarcastic at all, but I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed!

Overwhelmed in a good way, but still overwhelmed. Is that part of the pre-conceirge thing? I don't recall reading it on the list in any thread, but I focused with a laser-like presicion on the pillows, so I may have totally overlooked it.

Thanks so much for the confirmation! I tried them for the first time this morning, so I definitely would have been kicking myself if I guessed wrong.

And you get choices? I'm not being sarcastic at all, but I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed!

Overwhelmed in a good way, but still overwhelmed. Is that part of the pre-conceirge thing? I don't recall reading it on the list in any thread, but I focused with a laser-like presicion on the pillows, so I may have totally overlooked it.

Your room steward will set you up with the shower gel, soap, lotion, conditioner, etc. and will refill as you use it. The pre-cruise concierge is not involved at all (nor is the concierge or butler) with this benefit.

Actually, you don't have a choice as to the bar soap. We've always received two bars, one a little smaller than the other - with the smaller one on the vanity.

Enjoy! :)

Hi Diane,

Thanks for the info! I try really hard to use natural/organic products on my hair & skin -- as much as possible anyways. These seem like those types of products so all is well! Thanks again.

• 4 months later...
Hi,

Sorry to jump in on this suites thread, but would any one care to give a complete list of toiletries in a regular balcony cabin?

Thanks for letting me interrupt,:)

TP

Shower gel and shampoo in pumps on shower wall. No conditioner.

Facial tissue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thanks!......Is there bar soap at the sink?

No. Only shower gel. I bring a cheap shower loofa and toss it on the last day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by duce95