Questions about 11 day Repositioning Cruise

lmtrn2001

We booked the Repositioning cruise for Carnival Sunshine from NOLA to Port Canaveral 4/6/14. So excited!! This will be our first cruise longer than 8 days!!

I've got a couple of questions....How will the do the menus in the MDR? Will they have different offerings on nights 9-11 or will the menu repeat? Any idea where I could find the menu?

Also, will there be more than 2 formal nights?

Thanks!!

Just a heads up in case you arent aware, all open looped cruises require a passport. You seem to be quite the seasoned cruiser so I am sure you guys have that covered but maybe someone else on your cruise will see this :)

I am so envious we looked at doing this cruise but I couldnt get that much off work during that time. The itinerary is great, although it would be nice if there were a couple of more ports.

Just a heads up in case you arent aware, all open looped cruises require a passport. You seem to be quite the seasoned cruiser so I am sure you guys have that covered but maybe someone else on your cruise will see this :)

I am so envious we looked at doing this cruise but I couldnt get that much off work during that time. The itinerary is great, although it would be nice if there were a couple of more ports.

Thanks for the heads up but our PVP had already advised us of that!! We have been traveling with passports for quite a while!! Gives a lot more peace of mind than a Drivers License & birth certificate!!

The six sea days were the main reason I wanted to do this cruise!! Can't wait the rest & relax!!

Sorry you can't join us!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The menus don't repeat. We did a 15 day Panama Canal reposition and the menus were different every night.

Enjoy those sea days. They were awesome on our cruise. I loved the ports, but the sea days made the cruise that much better.

Bob

I doubt they would need to replenish on an 11 day. We've done a bunch of 14+ days and we've never noticed replenishing the ship. If they did, it was very minor.

The lettuce doesn't look as good by the end. and we've run out of bananas before :)

I doubt they would need to replenish on an 11 day. We've done a bunch of 14+ days and we've never noticed replenishing the ship. If they did, it was very minor.

The lettuce doesn't look as good by the end. and we've run out of bananas before :)

Wonder when they do?

Doing our first long cruise next year a TA of 15 days and would think at some point would need to restock.

Bananas do lose their appeal a week or so into a cruise.

Wonder when they do?

Doing our first long cruise next year a TA of 15 days and would think at some point would need to restock.

Bananas do lose their appeal a week or so into a cruise.

No problem for us -- DW likes to smash them into her oatmeal -- the riper the better ;) They do have a special cooler aboard, just for bananas. (They out-gas and speed spoiling of other fruit around them)

Not many opportunities for re-supply on a T/A :)

Last 5 days we are in Europe so not quite correct.

DW can have my share of leftover bananas.

:D Funny -- for some reason I only think of T/A's as eastbound, because some day we'll do one. (not interested in the other way -- we'll want to get as much of the flying out of the way at the beginning as we can ;)

Thanks for the mashed bananas!

5195040.jpg?386

:D Funny -- for some reason I only think of T/A's as eastbound, because some day we'll do one. (not interested in the other way -- we'll want to get as much of the flying out of the way at the beginning as we can ;)

Thanks for the mashed bananas!

5195040.jpg?386

Been wanting to do one for awhile now and finally jumped at this one.

Thanks for the heads up but our PVP had already advised us of that!! We have been traveling with passports for quite a while!! Gives a lot more peace of mind than a Drivers License & birth certificate!!

The six sea days were the main reason I wanted to do this cruise!! Can't wait the rest & relax!!

Sorry you can't join us!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, I have a question about the passports, We are planning this cruise as well but the lady we talked to said we did not need passports since we are returning to the US. I would just like to get all my ducks in a row. Can you please tell me forsure we need the passports. Thank you for your help.

Hello, I have a question about the passports, We are planning this cruise as well but the lady we talked to said we did not need passports since we are returning to the US. I would just like to get all my ducks in a row. Can you please tell me forsure we need the passports. Thank you for your help.

Hey Nicole!! This is what I got from my PVP reguarding documents needed to cruise:

Cruises that begin and end in a different U.S ports:

For these cruises that begin and end in a different U.S port, ALL guests are required to carry proof of citizenship AND proof of identification.

Proof of Citizenship: A birth certificate or any of the WHTI-Compliant Documents listed below are acceptable. AND Proof of Identification (I.D): A non-expired government-issued photo I.D is required of all guests 16 years of age and older.

Carnival Conquest 11/09/13 cruise: New Orleans/San Juan

Carnival Conquest 11/16/13 cruise: San Juan/Miami

Carnival Imagination 1/10/14 cruise: Miami/Long Beach

Carnival Dream 4/05/14 cruise: Port Canaveral/New Orleans

Carnival Sunshine 4/06/14 cruise: Tampa/Port Canaveral

Carnival Legend 8/17/14 cruise: Tampa/Long Beach

Carnival Pride 11/30/14 cruise: Baltimore/San Juan

Carnival Pride 12/08/14 cruise: San Juan/Tampa

Carnival Splendor cruises (11/01/14, 1/20/15, 2/21/15): San Juan/New York

Carnival Splendor cruises (10/24/14, 1/12/15, 2/13/15): New York/San Juan

1) Valid U.S. Passport: U.S. citizens may present a valid, unexpired U.S. passport when traveling via air, land or sea between the U.S. and the Western Hemisphere countries.

Guests may apply for passports at more than 4500 passport-acceptance facilities nationwide. These include: passport agencies; courthouses; post offices; libraries.

New passport cost: $135 (age 16 and older); $105 (under 16).

Passport renewal cost: $110 (every ten years).

Expedite Processing fee: $60 additional (to above costs).

Carnival recommends that all guests travel with a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the completion of travel.

2) The Passport Card

The passport card cannot be used to travel by air outside the United States.

U.S. citizens may present the new, limited-use, wallet-size passport card. The passport card will only be valid for land and sea travel between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean region and Bermuda. The passport card will facilitate entry and expedite document processing at U.S land and sea ports-of-entry when arriving from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda.

It will otherwise carry the rights and privileges of the U.S. passport book.

The card will have the same validity period as a passport book: 10 years for an adult; five years for children 15 and younger.

First-time applicants will pay $45 for adult cards and $35 for children.

Renewal will cost $20.

3) State Enhanced Driver's Licenses (EDL)

The EDL cannot be used to travel by air outside the United States.

Several states are working with the Department of Homeland Security to develop EDLs for U.S. citizens residing in their states. These documents will denote both citizenship and identity and will contain security features to help prevent counterfeiting and facilitate the entry process at land and sea ports of entry. The following states are issuing this type of WHTI-compliant document: Michigan; New York; Vermont; Washington.

4)Certificate of U.S. Naturalization and a Government-Issued Photo I.D

The Certificate of U.S. Naturalization (form N-550 or N-570) is a document issued by the U.S. government (USCIS) as proof of a foreign born person who has obtained U.S. citizenship through naturalization (a legal process of obtaining a new nationality).

Unacceptable Forms of Documentation

Copies of any of the WHTI-Compliant documents

Driver's License as the only proof

A temporary driver’s license

Voter's Registration Card

Baptismal Papers

U.S. Military I.D and a Photo I.D

A Dependent Military I.D that is issued to the spouse and children of Military Personnel is not acceptable

U.S. Military Discharge Papers

· No Record of Birth certificate: a certificate issued by the Department of Health and Vital Statistics showing that they have no records on this person

Hospital Certificate: hospital-Issued birth notice / live record of birth / announcement of birth from a hospital

Hope this helps!!

Looks like Elegant Nights:

April 7th, Monday

April 15th, Tuesday

On our 15 day Hawaii the ship resupplied and refueled in Hawaii, 2 Elegant Nights.

The menu was different for the most part every night.

The same goes for our 8, 10,11 & 17 day trips. 2 Elegant Nights

Edited by MikeM

I've seen bananas run out on a 5 nighter. Of course quite a few found their way into my cabin;)

Hey Nicole!! This is what I got from my PVP reguarding documents needed to cruise:

Cruises that begin and end in a different U.S ports:

For these cruises that begin and end in a different U.S port, ALL guests are required to carry proof of citizenship AND proof of identification.

Proof of Citizenship: A birth certificate or any of the WHTI-Compliant Documents listed below are acceptable. AND Proof of Identification (I.D): A non-expired government-issued photo I.D is required of all guests 16 years of age and older.

Carnival Conquest 11/09/13 cruise: New Orleans/San Juan

Carnival Conquest 11/16/13 cruise: San Juan/Miami

Carnival Imagination 1/10/14 cruise: Miami/Long Beach

Carnival Dream 4/05/14 cruise: Port Canaveral/New Orleans

Carnival Sunshine 4/06/14 cruise: Tampa/Port Canaveral

Carnival Legend 8/17/14 cruise: Tampa/Long Beach

Carnival Pride 11/30/14 cruise: Baltimore/San Juan

Carnival Pride 12/08/14 cruise: San Juan/Tampa

Carnival Splendor cruises (11/01/14, 1/20/15, 2/21/15): San Juan/New York

Carnival Splendor cruises (10/24/14, 1/12/15, 2/13/15): New York/San Juan

1) Valid U.S. Passport: U.S. citizens may present a valid, unexpired U.S. passport when traveling via air, land or sea between the U.S. and the Western Hemisphere countries.

Guests may apply for passports at more than 4500 passport-acceptance facilities nationwide. These include: passport agencies; courthouses; post offices; libraries.

New passport cost: $135 (age 16 and older); $105 (under 16).

Passport renewal cost: $110 (every ten years).

Expedite Processing fee: $60 additional (to above costs).

Carnival recommends that all guests travel with a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the completion of travel.

2) The Passport Card

The passport card cannot be used to travel by air outside the United States.

U.S. citizens may present the new, limited-use, wallet-size passport card. The passport card will only be valid for land and sea travel between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean region and Bermuda. The passport card will facilitate entry and expedite document processing at U.S land and sea ports-of-entry when arriving from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda.

It will otherwise carry the rights and privileges of the U.S. passport book.

The card will have the same validity period as a passport book: 10 years for an adult; five years for children 15 and younger.

First-time applicants will pay $45 for adult cards and $35 for children.

Renewal will cost $20.

3) State Enhanced Driver's Licenses (EDL)

The EDL cannot be used to travel by air outside the United States.

Several states are working with the Department of Homeland Security to develop EDLs for U.S. citizens residing in their states. These documents will denote both citizenship and identity and will contain security features to help prevent counterfeiting and facilitate the entry process at land and sea ports of entry. The following states are issuing this type of WHTI-compliant document: Michigan; New York; Vermont; Washington.

4)Certificate of U.S. Naturalization and a Government-Issued Photo I.D

The Certificate of U.S. Naturalization (form N-550 or N-570) is a document issued by the U.S. government (USCIS) as proof of a foreign born person who has obtained U.S. citizenship through naturalization (a legal process of obtaining a new nationality).

Unacceptable Forms of Documentation

Copies of any of the WHTI-Compliant documents

Driver's License as the only proof

A temporary driver’s license

Voter's Registration Card

Baptismal Papers

U.S. Military I.D and a Photo I.D

A Dependent Military I.D that is issued to the spouse and children of Military Personnel is not acceptable

U.S. Military Discharge Papers

· No Record of Birth certificate: a certificate issued by the Department of Health and Vital Statistics showing that they have no records on this person

Hospital Certificate: hospital-Issued birth notice / live record of birth / announcement of birth from a hospital

Hope this helps!!

This is good! It would be nice if all PVPs gave the guests correct info.

Edited by agc291