cruise paid off so i call to add tips for 3 people...BUT PROBLEMS..

Susiecruisey

Then I must have an exceptional PVP. He has never told me to call the customer service number. If I've had a question or issue even after booking, he helps me!

OP hoping that this all gets fixed for you soon!

Yeah but you are cute.....:) I would help you if I was your PVP *LOL*

Since we are talking PVPs, I noticed that our OBC from booking onboard "disappeared" the last time I went to make a payment. I emailed my PVP and she said it "accidentally" was deleted when I called about a price drop. Not happy with THAT response, but she promptly re credited the OBC. :D:D

I think when the OP called to have the tips included, the price of their cruse had increased . Even though it was paid off. Therefore they were charged the new increased price as well as the included tip charge.

PVP, never had a problem handling any questions or problems for me ;)

I think when the OP called to have the tips included, the price of their cruse had increased . Even though it was paid off. Therefore they were charged the new increased price as well as the included tip charge.

The only other thing I can think of is she booked something and forgot she did:eek: and is embarrassed;)

I tend to agree with you.

Since they didnt refare the booking if that is what happened it shouldnt have.

For Carnival not be able to figure it out speaks volumes.

I cant understand why the OP cant just look at her original confirmation and her new one is and see where the discrepancy is.

Bill

Really? I'm surprised since that is how I found my current PVP. I was having an issue with my cruise being chartered twice on me. I originally booked directly with the Carnival 800#. I got her name from the Carnival Forums and she was very helpful to me. 6 cruises later, I'm still booking with her. She's fantastic.

That guy potentially lost out on a lot of business by blowing him off.

I'm glad you found your PVP too :D She is awesome - and has never pushed me off for any questions or issues.

I agree that this guy lost out (or should lose out) on a lot of business. It would be the last booking I'd make through him with that attitude.

I agree with SS Oceanlover. If I am reading your post correctly, you had 2 of your cruises chartered, therefore you contacted a PVP. If both of the cruises were chartered then the PVP was actually having to book another cruise for you (your 2 cruises were cancelled) and she was making a commission.

Am I correct? Did the PVP actually get you booked on another cruise? Not that you had to pay more money, just that she booked you on another ship. If so, she was getting a commission.

Yes and no. I was originally booked on a cruise that got chartered so I moved my booking to another. The original cruise opened up again so I had the option to move back to it which I did and then it became the KISS Kruise and chartered again. I had to pick a new cruise to go on AGAIN. Because that week worked better for my group and we had already purchased airfare, we wanted to stay with that same weekend.

She gave me advice on how to go about telling Carnival what I wanted for reimbursement for my trouble. I had to deal directly with a special department to rebook my new cruise, not the PVP.

She is fantastic. I think I book cruises just so I can talk to her ;)

Edited by girlscruise2011

I'm glad you found your PVP too :D She is awesome - and has never pushed me off for any questions or issues.

I agree that this guy lost out (or should lose out) on a lot of business. It would be the last booking I'd make through him with that attitude.

See how it works, help one person and then they recommend you to friends. Right Rob& Bonnie??

Again, that guy lost out on potential business and recommendations

Has the OP got this resolved yet? Must be very frustrating if it isn't :confused:

Only she knows if it was or not and she's not saying anything. She was here last night at 7:30 and this morning at 6 according to the "last activity" numbers. I guess it's a secret. An update would be polite.

Only she knows if it was or not and she's not saying anything. She was here last night at 7:30 and this morning at 6 according to the "last activity" numbers. I guess it's a secret. An update would be polite.

There was nothing new to report at those times when I was logged on......

But now Carnival is saying I was quoted and given the wrong rate when I booked...So they are trying to decide what to do. But all my paperwork says one thing and their computers say something else so I am still waiting.

There was nothing new to report at those times when I was logged on......

But now Carnival is saying I was quoted and given the wrong rate when I booked...So they are trying to decide what to do. But all my paperwork says one thing and their computers say something else so I am still waiting.

That's complete utter BS. Elevate it. You have a zero due invoice, PAID IN FULL. Do you know an attorney who could make a call for you? That should wake them up.

if their booking engine allowed you to not only book but pay in full at that rate, Carnival needs to honor it!!!

if their booking engine allowed you to not only book but pay in full at that rate, Carnival needs to honor it!!!

I even booked it on the phone with a PVP. I made payments online and now only want to add tips and am being told I have to pay more because I was given the wrong rate at the time of booking.... I am waiting on a return email from the CEO now.

This will be my last Carnival Cruise if they do not fix this mess.

On the confirmation there is a disclaimer about this. If the cruise priced incorrectly they can either refare it or cancel it. They do not have to honor incorrect prices.

Here is the paragraph straight off our last confirmation:

Carnival reserves the right to increase published fares and air fare supplements without prior notice. In the event that a cruise fare listed, quoted or advertised through any website, Carnival s sales person, travel agent or any other source is booked, but is incorrect due to an electronic error, typographical error, human error or any other error causing the fare to be listed, quoted or advertised for an amount not intended by Carnival, Carnival reserves the right to correct the erroneous fare by requesting the Guest to pay the correct fare intended, or by canceling the cruise.

It would be a good PR move to honor it like United Airlines did when they honored all those $5.00 tickets, but they don't have to. OP needs to look at his confirmations. This has happened to us before, but we always use a TA and the TA made good on the fare paying the difference out of her pocket.

Edited by DebJ14

You are 100% correct but I have rarely seen CCL relent on issues like this.

I hope they do in this case as it's the right thing to do.

Funny how they can go back and see what a price was on a certain date but when you put in for price drops you see on the screen they sometimes say it never existed.

Seems kind of slanted in their favor instead of being fair and balanced.

Bill

PVP's are supposed to concentrate on making new bookings. If you are already booked and need to make changes to your booking, Carnival wants you to go through customer service. From what I understand, PVP's can get into trouble for servicing an existing booking. Carnival wants PVP's to sell cruises. Period.

That is not totally true.

I've used the same PVP for the last several cruises. She is always helpfull in servicing my existing booking. No troubles at all.

Just my experience.

Andy

I've used the same PVP for the last several cruises. She is always helpfull in servicing my existing booking. No troubles at all.

Just my experience.

Andy

Your situation seems to be the norm. Some PVP's are there for a paycheck and as soon as you book they vanish and you can never get in touch with them but I have only seen random complaints about this kind of PVP.

Bill

and if the OP had never called to add in the gratuities then this would not have been an issue AT ALL.. Carnival needs to make good on this. it's rediculous. OP needs to tell them that as well if they hadn't already.

*crossing my fingers for you*

ABSOLUTELY. What BS on Carnivals part. We like Carnival and are stockholders, but they REALLY need to step up their customer relations.

Just my experience.

Andy

We have used the same PVP on 3 of our cruises. Just last week I noticed our OBC had vanished. I emailed her about it, she fixed it. :D

Edited by 2 cruzen

I even booked it on the phone with a PVP. I made payments online and now only want to add tips and am being told I have to pay more because I was given the wrong rate at the time of booking.... I am waiting on a return email from the CEO now.

This will be my last Carnival Cruise if they do not fix this mess.

What do they mean by "wrong rate"?

Was an incorrect rate programmed into their booking system which you were subsequently booked under, were you mistakenly booked under a fare code that you don't qualify for?

Did they explain in detail exactly what was "wrong" about the rate?

If Carnival did give the wrong rate initially, this could be a blessing in disguise that the OP found out this way. What if the OP hadn't called to add tips, but maybe a couple of weeks from now the hamster in Carnival's computer starts running a little faster on it's wheel and the computer realizes it gave the wrong fare, then adjusts it, and the OP isn't notified? OP could have logged on one day to find the booking cancelled.

OP, I hope Carnival does the right thing and honor the original fare. Good luck.

Edited by Rudyard