More Cruise Review Commentary...

shipcamein

Dan - these two posts do sound very peculiar, you must admit. However, I can understand, and was going to post yesterday, that it must be very difficult for you to decide what to remove and what to leave on the board as democracy is important. A few years ago I remember two extremely scathing posts, one about a Captain, and one about a Cruise Director, which were only on for hours. As it happens, I have met both of them, and can see a grain of truth in what was said on both, but they were so libellous (slanderous?) I can see why they had to go. In these cases, although most of us (and we know Seabourn is not perfect) feel that the posters have axes to grind for some reason, and really have it in for Seabourn. But a difficult decision to make, IMO.

Unless the review is posted on this forum, I have no control as to whether the review stays or not. Member reviews on the review section are looked at by an editor before going live.

I've been thinking a lot about this thread and the original review. Reviews are always subjective, one person's opinion, a world seen through her/his own lens. I always appreciate the time taken to write up a review as it helps me shop for a cruise, or anticipate issues that I need to work around while on board. I think it's terrific that other Seabourn travelers offered their own assessments. I do try to ignore comments that are a little too picky or irrelevant to my own priorities. One major issue comes up for me, the need to be a good consumer. We all spend a lot of money on cruises and want to shop for a good value. Seabourn is expensive and we want adequate value for our money. The reviewer did not think he got his money's worth, and I am sympathetic. However, based upon so many other thoughtful comments and reviews from Cruise Critics, my own comparison shopping among other cruise options and land-based vacations, I am comfortable that my up-coming first time trip on Seabourn (68 days! Yikes!) will be an incredible experience. I fully intend to not let little issues ruin my attitude and thus my 68-day cruise.

I spoke to a couple on our cruise at length about their comparison between Oceania and Seabourn. They preferred Oceania BY A MILE, and had their reasons. That being said, they also had a very good time on our cruise, and are now comfortable that they know the difference between the two brands.