Robes

EnTnSA

You also chose to take a vacation on a vessel with a couple of thousand strangers. How about you have the common courtesy to get dressed and clean up a bit.

It isn't your own private yacht.

OK, so it was done in fun and he had clothes on underneath. We were on VACATION!!! And the 30 minutes he had it on we were all having FUN...oh and how awesome would it be if it were our own personal yacht! Hmmm...:rolleyes:

It amazes me how judgmental some people on here can be, lighten up people and have fun. It wasn't breakfast he wore it to...it was 11pm and I'm sure most of the snooty people were locked in their cabins away from all the scary people having fun :D

I totally agree with you about not walking around with your robe on in public. On the Valor last month I saw a group of men and women in there robes standing outside of the dining room during breakfast. I though it was odd and I was hoping they were not trying to get in the dining room dress like that.

Wife and I were just amazed at the amount of people that felt it OK to wander around the ship in their robes, just about every day, on the Triumph last week.

Mornings were the worst. Women mostly, bed head, looked like a train wreck, like they rolled out of bed, threw a robe over their PJs (maybe?), and went upstairs to have breakfast.

I couldn't imagine going out in public in my PJs. We typically don't get dolled up for anything on the ship until dinner time, but we at least get dressed, brush our teeth, look somewhat presentable.

This isn't your house, you are in public, these people are not your family, they are strangers. How about put some clothes on, and make a LITTLE bit of an attempt to clean yourself up a bit.

Am I just being too snooty? Are robes in public socially acceptable? What is your take on it?

Couldn't agree more so we must be snooty too lol ;)

We saw this at a land hotel a few months ago. The hotel serves a nice brunch. Most folks were dressed but a few families (including the adults) came down in their jammies and slippers. First time we had seen this.

I was at a rather nice hotel in Chicago's Loop and a family actually came down for breakfast in PJs and BARE FEET! Dad, mom, and two daughters. Bare feet are not an uncommon occurrence on a cruise ship ... but in a hotel?

Needless to say, the hotel manager asked them to go back to their rooms and change into something more presentable; they put slippers on. lol

I'm afraid to even wear one of those robes in my cabin; do you think they are changed out at the end of every cruise, and laundered?:eek: I have my doubts.....does any one know this for sure?:confused: Just say'n!!!

On two separate B2B's we stayed in our room with the door open until the bitter end. Occasionally we would go out in the halls and stretch our legs and watch the crew go about cleaning the cabins and removing the bedsheets and towels. Not once did we see robes taken from the cabins by the stewarding crew nor did we see the linen "runners" (who deliver the clean linens and towels, etc. up to the cabin decks) coming around delivering freshly laundered robes to the cabin stewards. (And we all know for sure that the bed comforters don't get changed out so those nasty things we take off and leave off for the whole cruise.)

Besides, we stopped bothering with the robes anyway when we read the post by the CC member here who told how when she went to put her robe on and it had a long skid mark up the backside of the robe. Message received. :eek: