Anyone know if buying CCL stock at $35 is a good deal?

Vitamin_Sea

Buy and sell prices are not usually the same, so it "costing" only $14 is very unlikely with a fast turn around.

I do anticipate that Carnival will reduce this benefit, as MANY people now have it. I cruise the Carnival product very frequently. I will recieve $1000 on cruises this year, (also cruising tomorrow) and am not "finished" booking for this year. So big returns for me, but how long can Carnival afford this?

It is anybody's guess, but for now, it is a good stock for me to hold.

In one poll I saw, 4 analysts rated CCL as a buy -- 1 rated it as sell -- 11 rated it as hold.

CCL's debt equity ratio is very low (good) compared with RCCL and NCLH, and the earnings per share were low but expected to increase soon. Those are all good signs for shareholders who like the OBC and dividends.

One more word on this subject ---- If I had heeded the investment advice I received, I would have lost money last year. By ignoring the advice, I made money.

Edited by swedish weave

I have no idea if the share holder benefit will end or be reduced but I do know that NCL and RCCL has a very similar program in place with the OBC.

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ABEA-5WOY6H/2924030871x0x681823/FC8230FE-82FE-4331-B5F6-28A7E543D773/blankPDF.pdf

Sorry, no, not accurate. Both NCL and RCI are very restrictive with their stockholder benefits. IF you have any other "discount" (even the minimal AARP discount) you can NOT get a shareholders benefit. Carnival has no such limits.

Sorry, no, not accurate. Both NCL and RCI are very restrictive with their stockholder benefits. IF you have any other "discount" (even the minimal AARP discount) you can NOT get a shareholders benefit. Carnival has no such limits.

I did not say it was exactly the same. :eek:

Let's look at the facts:

1) CCL corp profits are down

2) RCL profits are up 19%

3) NCL profits are up 43%

Which cruiseline do you want to own a part of?

Also, people fleeing CCL are not just avoiding CCL; they are avoiding Princess and Hal and sailing RCL and NCL.

Let's also put this myth to rest- that all CCL ships sail full. Not anymore, not anymore!

CCL is willing to sail less full now, in the hopes that it will help increase the sale price of cabins.

Source: http://news.investors.com/business/112013-679917-carnival-corp-and-royal-caribbean-and-norwegian.htm?ntt=carnival

Guess these peeps didn't know what they were talking about considering CCL stock is near it's highest in the last year...hmmm.

Past Oct it was 35.00 per stock now it's 40.00...guess it's not going down (wish it would looking to buy).

Royal Caribbean Past Oct it was 43.00..now it's 48.00

Norwegian Oct was 32.00 now it's 35.00

People are NOT fleeing carnival...don't believe all the "projectors" they are only making guesses imo.