Itinerary Decisions....What To Do??

RCmommy

My hubby wants to stick with the Miami home port so that would keep us on the Conquest with Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan and Costa Maya Mexico. Does anyone have an opinion on Costa Maya?

Costa Maya is a beach stop. There's a swimming pool free lounge chairs at the port. It's just a relaxing day. The other three days could be high adventure for you though. I love the Western Caribbean ports.

For adventure, I'd opt for the Western Caribbean itinerary.

I'd book a cave tubing excursion in Belize. It's one of the most unique and fun excursions I've ever had.

Victor Bodden's private tour (only $25pp) is THE BEST excursion I've ever had...you can pretty much do anything you want on that island! And where else can you go where you get to play with monkeys?

Grand Cayman has some really cool stingray sandbar excursions...again, this is something that you can't really do anyplace else.

As for the dolphins, you will get a great dolphin experience for a lot less money in Cozumel. Atlantis is very overpriced IMO. In Cozumel, you can frequently find Buy One Get One Free dolphin promotions (but you need to NOT tell them you are on a Carnival cruise when you book)...and the dolphin experience is located right inside of Chankanaab Park. Chankanaab is AMAZING. Gorgeous place to relax, great snorkeling right off the beach, and even some shows throughout the day if you're interested.

AGREED! Victor's tours are amazing and a great value. Also, Roatan is beautiful and easily my favourite cruise port thus far and the only one I really want to get back to one day [not including Bermuda which is amazing but not an option for you].

Okay, we have pretty much decided we want to switch to the Cozumel, Mahogany Bay, Belize, Costa Maya or Grand Cayman

Now my issue is we have two choices and I cannot decide which!

Both have the similar ports with the exception of the last port, close to the same price, and sail the same day (October 25th)

Either...

Carnival Sunshine sailing out of Pt. Canaveral with Costa Maya

or

Carnival glory sailing out of Miami with Cayman Islands

I can read reviews all day long on both of those ship but would like some advice on which you would choose out of those two. This is our first sailing with Carnival so I don't know much about the ships, so which would be our best experience??

and thank you so much!!!

Edited by RCmommy
changed itinerary

Okay, we have pretty much decided we want to switch to the Cozumel, Mahogany Bay, Belize, Costa Maya or Grand Cayman

Both have the similar ports with the exception of the last port, close to the same price, and sail the same day (October 25th)

Either...

or

I can read reviews all day long on both of those ship but would like some advice on which you would choose out of those two. This is our first sailing with Carnival so I don't know much about the ships, so which would be our best experience??

and thank you so much!!!

Glory hand down ;) We have done this class of ships and same itinerary I think 5 or 6 times so far and is our favorite.If you have any questions I will try to answer for you

Either...

or

and thank you so much!!!

Sting ray city in the Cayman Islands its a short boat ride to a sandbar we used moby dicks.Your family will love it

Glory hand down ;) We have done this class of ships and same itinerary I think 5 or 6 times so far and is our favorite.If you have any questions I will try to answer for you

Thank you! I am leaning towards Glory ATM because it includes the Cayman Islands port. I can see from pics that it has a waterslide, but do you know if it has the "waterworks" or more than just then one slide? I do not always trust Googles images, they may be old.

We have two kids, both will be 11, was the Camp Carnival great as I hear?

Thank you! I am leaning towards Glory ATM because it includes the Cayman Islands port. I can see from pics that it has a waterslide, but do you know if it has the "waterworks" or more than just then one slide? I do not always trust Googles images, they may be old.

We have two kids, both will be 11, was the Camp Carnival great as I hear?

We have no kids so cant really help you on the Camp part or really the waterworks part the Sunshine was an older ship renamed and redone.We were on the Imagination in September and the waterworks looked pretty cool.I guess it depends on what your family likes and priorities