down south in louisiana

tony turkey

want to leave out of Vancouver but is it better or cheaper to fly straight in or go to seattle

It depends.

Depends on the dates you're leaving -- sometimes it is cheaper to go to Vancouver, sometimes it is cheaper to go to Seattle

Depends on the dates you're returning -- sometimes it is cheaper to go to Vancouver, sometimes it is cheaper to go to Seattle

Depends on where in Louisiana you're flying from

Depends on the moment you book your flights

There's no hard and fast rule.

Agree with nitemare, it varies. I'd suggest using a site like Kayak and plugging in the dates with both airports to compare prices.

Also, Vancouver isn't that far from Seattle. It is possible to get to Vancouver from Seattle by rail (if your arrival time works with the Amtrak schedule). Some people fly into Seattle and rent a car and drive to Vancouver (about a 3 hr drive not counting possible delays at the border).

We are planning a cruise out of Vancouver next summer. We live a short drive from Seattle. Our plan is to take the train from Edmonds (north of Seattle) to Vancouver to board.

I did a Vancouver-ending cruise last year and it was more expensive to fly out of Vancouver airport - cheaper to cross the border and fly from a US airport. There are shuttle bus services from Vancouver to Bellingham airport which is just south of the border - or you could go all the way to Seattle.

Bellingham is a lovely little airport and you connect via Seattle to all major US airports. There is even a small air museum a few buildings over from the terminal building if you arrive early enough.

While I did south-bound shuttle, I am sure they do north-bound shuttle too.