Well I am in a slight mini-panic right now

Suspicious_Package

IMO Once the TA has your money the motivation factor drops. I've had good luck with most PVP's over the years and they handled the few issues that came up without any problem.

I have to disagree - most travel agents will work for you because they want your repeat business - if they are not doing that - you need another travel agent - a PVP is your choice and Im glad your getting good service there.

1. I agree do not tell your wife! They have a bad habit of never letting go on things like that!

2. Look at the bright side, if it did not work out, you said your "wife will kill me" ..if it hadn't then you would have solved at least one berth problem! (She would not do that, unless she had bought the insurance).

Bon Voyage!

I just had a similar problem. I just did a last minute booking and booked a Aft-Balcony cabin in the Victory's buttocks for an epic Thanksgiving Cruise. Bought and paid in full. It was the last balcony left.

I just got a call from a Carnival Supervisor stating I can't have thabalcony room anymore even though I already paid for it. They removed me from the balcony cabin and gave me a drippy inside cabin.

:D.

This took me three times to read to figure out why it was funny.

Glad I figured it out, and I just laughed so hard!!! You've got a quick sense of humor :D

Agent just came back and said to keep holding on. They are going to "make this work it's just going to take some time"

I accidentally cancelled a cruise by giving the wrong booking number a couple of weeks ago. As soon as I got the cancellation confirmation I totally freaked out. Back on the phone and was told the same thing, it was going to take time. My PVP was awesome and worked with the supervisor to make sure I got the same cabin for the same rate (even though that promo had ended), my reduced deposit was still effective and my OBC was restored. Then he had to cancel the correct cruise & transfer my money on that one to the new cruise I was booking, poor guy :confused:! I felt so bad since it was my fault but I was so thankful for an awesome customer service experience.

I haven't finished reading this thread but hope it all works out for you too!