Always Check For Reduction In Rates

Well after many hours with my TA on the phone and them beign no real help, I got a call from my Ta and they said NCL woudl upgrade me one category! Whooppty doo! SO I declined then called the NCL Upsell # and got an Upsell 14 categories for $200 pp! So I was happy with that! BUt I think if we had a better TA we may have gotten a bit farther! So goodluck!

Yes, sometimes it's much easier to do your own research & call them directly.

For 400.00 is pretty good to go up 14 categories!

Have fun.

Sue

Thanks Sue! I cant wait one week and a day and I will get to see my cabin I have heard wonderful things about, with teh very large balcony!!

A few yrs ago when we were upgraded from cat. 4 to 11 it was awesome! We were on carnival then but it was fantastic! Having a balcony is truely wonderful!

Have a great sailing!

Sue

I checked on RRCL.com (we booked directly through them), and for our category it said "n/a" which I'm assuming means that they sold out.

Does this mean there's not going to be a reduction in price? If not it's okay.. we still got a great deal, only $10 more for an ocean view than for an inside!

Thanks!

Well i see alot of people reply to this so maybe someone can help me out!!!

What the best way to book.... through a travel agent, the cruise line direct or maybe on on line sit???

Has any one ever heard of icruise.com

I was wondering how they were??

I am a 1st time cruiser and i am getting ready to book for the april 6th out of NY on the Dawn..

I dont know how to go about it!!

If there is anyone out there that can help a 1st timer please let me know!! I am lost and dont know where to start PLEASE HELP!!!!

emp9898

I always check with the cruise line, then my local travel agent (unfortuantely they can never discount as they are a small agency) and then check online places- I used cruise.com once and they were good- I have heard of icruise and get emails from them but have no first hand knowldege- Expedia and Travelocity are also good places to check prices but my personal thing is I like to actually have a person to talk to vs booking through a large online type place- Good luck

emt9898

In my opinion i think you should try and find a travel agent that specializes in cruises. They can really help you out since this is your first time. I think it also helps to read the info here on the boards and do some research on your own. Just looking at the travel websites can get you lots of good information. Good luck and I know you will love your cruise

Suzanne

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the tips! I just found out that the prices for my cruise next week have gone down about 50 bucks per person. Unfortunately it's after hours and my TA isn't in the office so I had to send her an email. I'm hoping we can at least get some onboard credit, that would be great!

I'll keep you posted. :D

Ok, the good news is that Carnival honored the lower price and gave me $50pp onboard credit - yay!

The potentially not so good news is that since we booked an OV guarantee, there is a chance they they may take the room they already assigned to us (which we liked) and put us in a different cabin. That will suck, but I'd rather have to money, so whatever!

I realize that with an OV guarantee you always risk the chance of being bumped, but I wonder if b/c we called for a lower price, if they will move us to a lower deck just because... I guess we'll find out soon......

Has anyone had this happen?

Well after many hours with my TA on the phone and them beign no real help, I got a call from my Ta and they said NCL woudl upgrade me one category! Whooppty doo! SO I declined then called the NCL Upsell # and got an Upsell 14 categories for $200 pp! So I was happy with that! BUt I think if we had a better TA we may have gotten a bit farther! So goodluck!

Can someone tell me what the NCL upsell # is.:confused:

I really don't understand. I tried to do that with Princess. Who I directly booked my cruise with and they said they couldn't give me the discount of the other travel agency, which actually is quite a discount. But I am very nervous in transfering my stuff from Princess to Cruise Value. The savings are $500+ a cabin. HELP. As this is the first cruise I am doing, I don't know if I did this right or not.

I read on some threads that the price a TA can give you for Royal Caribbean cruise is the same as Royal Caribbean offers - but when I checked, the price for the cruise I'm booked on is over $700 on their website but I booked mine through *****, and it's about 100 cheaper.

How can that be, and what does this mean for me if I notice on the website, the price has dropped from 700 to 600, per say? Will I still get adjusted for the 100 price drop, since I paid 100 less to begin with? Thanks.

I booked our Carnival Conquest Cruise through Expedia about 3 weeks ago. I checked the prices and they have gone down about $500 total for three of us, we would have to go down one category to get this price (still a baloncy but on a level below what I originally booked) not a problem for $500 I want to do it. I called Expedia they were no help at all:confused: ! They said they got Carnival on the phone and could not change our cabin becasue the price was only for new reservations. I think I am getting the run around so I called Carnival they referred me to there reservation department in Miami - I am calling them tomorrow.

Has anyone ran into this situation before and if so any suggestions?

Thanks - swintersteen

I really don't understand. I tried to do that with Princess. Who I directly booked my cruise with and they said they couldn't give me the discount of the other travel agency, which actually is quite a discount. But I am very nervous in transfering my stuff from Princess to Cruise Value. The savings are $500+ a cabin. HELP. As this is the first cruise I am doing, I don't know if I did this right or not.

Sometimes the discounter's rates look great because various fees and taxes aren't included. Be sure you read the fine print before you make changes. Or just call Princess and ask--it never hurts to try.

I have made final payment, the prices of my balcony category has gone down 600 dollars. The price reduction is not on my TA's website nor Princess. The TA said she would call Princess for a reduction only if I found the lower price on the Princess web site, not a competitior's. So I watch the Princess web and also her web site. Not a reduction in sight.

Has anyone used a TA web based and found a lower price on a competitor's web site and gotten your orginial TA to get you a price reduction.

Hope this is not too confusing

Marlene

I have made final payment, the prices of my balcony category has gone down 600 dollars. The price reduction is not on my TA's website nor Princess. The TA said she would call Princess for a reduction only if I found the lower price on the Princess web site, not a competitior's. So I watch the Princess web and also her web site. Not a reduction in sight.

Has anyone used a TA web based and found a lower price on a competitor's web site and gotten your orginial TA to get you a price reduction.

Hope this is not too confusing

Marlene

I my opionion, if you see a competitors reduction in the rate, I would call the cruiseline immediately to see if they would be willing to reduce, upgrade or credit because for the last 2 1/2 yrs the cruiselines have set a standard in pricing-not allowing major discounts on competing websites. Also, make sure you can reference where & when you saw the reduction in pricing.

Good Luck!

Sue

Archived