Epic Cirque Dreams Dinner

Sunshine101

I should start off by saying that we were only on the Epic once, shortly after she first started cruising...so that's been a while, and things might have changed.

The show had its moments, most notably the acrobats balancing against the roll of the ship. The humor was fairly obvious and fell kind of flat. Show grade: B-

The dinner was very average...didn't seem much different from what you could get in the MDR. Dinner grade: C

But as mentioned above, all this is very subjective, particularly food quality!

We were on Epic this Feb and liked the show and food. Nothing special but definitely didn't regret paying the fee. We had standard seats and got seated in a booth under the balcony, therefore we missed a lot of the show happening higher than 6 to 8ft above the floor (luckily it wasn't that much, there was plenty of action below the balcony also).

All in all I don't know would I go again without any other reason like friends/relatives that haven't seen the show etc, but would definitely recommend it to anyone not experienced it yet.

Edited by Demonyte

Food C

Entertainment A+ (2010) C+ (2013)

I have seen similar acts for free on cruise ships. IMHO, the scale and level of performance dropped considerably over the years. The original cast of 2010 had a theme, singing, dancing, and the most extreme and in your face acrobats. The show we saw in 2013 was good but the level of talent and acrobats was not the same. No theme either just random acts. They added a 25 minute silent movie stunt with audience participation. While ok, that stuff is free entertainment on cruise ships. Lots of filler if you ask me ;)

You can get a better meal at the buffet or any restaurant on Epic. The meal is not bad but definitely nothing special. Even the dessert was blah.

Would I go again? No

Would I go if I had not gone before? Probably. I like to explore all entertainment on cruise ships.

Edited by david_sobe

In two weeks we will be back on the Epic for the 3rd time. We saw the show twice already and will see it again this cruise. The show is fantastic. The show is worth the price of admission alone. The food isn't bad, but DH left hungry, so we had to stop for a snack later that evening.