Fort Lauderdale port? North, mid or South port?

GLCAS

Thank you Sapper and thank you everyone for explaining. When people said its unsafe, what came to my mind is drugs and guns. Never pictured the transportation aspect.

Wow that never entered my mind! I pictured a busy port with no sidewalks and lots of traffic. Perhaps it helps that I was there once. :D

Much of everything posted on this forum is personal opinion. ;) IMO the walk from pier 26 to 17th St is not particularly dangerous, but it is much too long to pull suitcases ... about a mile and 3/4, or a bit less if it's possible to cut through the mid-port garage and past pier 19.

Another point is there are not sidewalks the whole way from pier to entrance of Port Everglades. There are stretches where you'd be walking in the street.

Another point is there are not sidewalks the whole way from pier to entrance of Port Everglades. There are stretches where you'd be walking in the street.

Now all that makes sense. This reminds me as I had a remote relative that died a few years ago before catching her cruise with her husband walkin out of the hotel crossing the street out of FLL. We heard she was hit by a truck at 50 miles/ hr speed in a very busy traffic area. i heard She was pronounced dead at the scene. Sorry to bring up a sad story but it is for everyone here who is new to FLL and for everyone to take extra caution.

Hi

When I went to the pier I used a shuttle. It cost $7.00. I was in a car not big bus. Before we got to gate the driver said I might need a ID. So I pulled out my passport. I did not need to show it. I doupt they would let anyone walk around because of security. Its a working port. Maybe before 9/11 not now. Plus when I gof off ship and though customs it was HOT HOT and there was no shade.thankfully I only waited a few minutes for the return shuttle back to airport .

Mary

It's kind if industrial with a lot of traffic. Not at ALL like a marina where I could see myself walking around and enjoying it. It would sort of be more like walking around on runways in an airport at the cargo terminals. It is just not designed for foot traffic. Harbor town at Hilton Head it is NOT.