Poll: What is your one favorite thing about a RCCL cruise?

All of the above excluding the Jung Hord of poopaloopas mass marketing brings.

LMBO - and exactly how much is a Jung Hord? THAT was funny.

I guess I'm looking the most forward to the ports. Isn't that ironic? I go on a cruise and look forward to getting off the ship! (ONLY in ports of call - none of this disembarking nonsense - THAT'S for the birds...)

I LOVE the pirates that come around during dinner on the first night! I remember my first cruise on Voyager of the Seas. I was not too keen on crusing but figured I could endure it for one week. Then we boarded Voyager. The ship was AMAZING. Then at dinner, PIRATES! I was instantly transformed into a kindergartener! I was so excited to get my picture taken with a pirate. Now I have a whole collection of pirate pix. On a related note, I am not too keen on kids on board, but I do love the pirate parade with the little guys wearing hats and mustaches and brandishing carboard swords and yelling "yar!" at passers by!

I LOVE the pirates that come around during dinner on the first night! I remember my first cruise on Voyager of the Seas. I was not too keen on crusing but figured I could endure it for one week. Then we boarded Voyager. The ship was AMAZING. Then at dinner' date=' PIRATES! I was instantly transformed into a kindergartener! I was so excited to get my picture taken with a pirate. Now I have a whole collection of pirate pix. On a related note, I am not too keen on kids on board, but I do love the pirate parade with the little guys wearing hats and mustaches and brandishing carboard swords and yelling "yar!" at passers by![/quote']

Although I usually end up making silly faces in the pirate pic... and I agree that I'd rather have an adult cruise... I love the kids "Pirate Night" parade. It cracks me up, too.

• 1 month later...

Also, the children absoulutely love pirate night, this was taken on our 04 cruise and they still talk about it. We tried Celebrity on our last cruise and they didn't have a pirate night, but they did have the Easter Bunny and a massive Easter Egg hunt that had children running all over the pool deck.

kenandlaura06 I wouldn't worry too much as it's only about 5 minutes worth of a distraction that takes place one night of the cruise. Frankly, I'm more disturbed when I have to watch the waitstaff parade, sing, and dance around, it feels like I'm eating at a Chi-Chi's resturant.

[quote name='jewlrybabe']All of the above AND being able to buy booze in the gift shop and for a fee bring it to my room!![/QUOTE]
Not any more..........those days are over. But still love the ships and everything else. Booked on Explorer in April.

Archived