Fresh Produce dresses....sizing???

sharod

I was wondering if this brand runs true to size? I usually wear a 7/8 or an occasional small 10. If anyone could help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

The dresses are soooo cute!!!

I have been looking at these dresses and have called a few stores in Florida. They say they run true to size so you would probably need a small. I wear a size 10 and will probably order a medium.

I was wanting the short one with cap sleeves and flounce at the hem in Radiant Fish but so far have not been able to find it. I can get the square neck sleeveless but not sure about it.

Which style dress do you like? I'm also thinking about ordering a pair of capris with top.

Vickie

I would say they are inclined to be a tad on the generous size. I have a few of their capris, shorts and tops. They are very good qualilty and keep their appearance. One thing I must warn you about is that when new, the color bleeds. The label tells you to wash them prior to wearing and I believe it is mainly because when new they bleed so badly you could get the dye on your skin in hot humid weather if worn without laundering them first. Wait till you see the color of the water! After the first washing they don't lose any more color.

I have been looking at these dresses and have called a few stores in Florida. They say they run true to size so you would probably need a small. I wear a size 10 and will probably order a medium.

I was wanting the short one with cap sleeves and flounce at the hem in Radiant Fish but so far have not been able to find it. I can get the square neck sleeveless but not sure about it.

Which style dress do you like? I'm also thinking about ordering a pair of capris with top.

Vickie

This is the dress that I was looking at. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5406926597&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I don't think that I will bid, it says medium, but the measurements look alittle big for me. It is an absolutely gorgeous dress though!!!

I ordered a dress today from a Fresh Produce store in CA and I also ordered a pair of capri pants with tee.

I'll let you all know what I think about them when I get them - haven't ever seen Fresh Produce in person.

That dress on Ebay is really CUTE!

Vickie

I've been wearing their stuff for several years. I don't ever recall their fabric colors running, but I always wash new clothes before wearing. They do recommend that you don't use any type of stain remover on their fabrics.

The stuff is great casual wear, I love their dresses to throw on as a cover up over a bathing suit. I have a few pair of their shorts and capris, they all have elastic waistbands and are very generous in their cut.

I see a lot of people wearing their clothes around and about in CA, they have seconds sales that are advertised a couple times a year in Orange County. It is great "mommy" stuff, rugged and easy care.

I would not recommend the stuff for casual nights dinner, if anyone has the idea for this. Once you see and feel the fabric, you will know it is a definite "casual barbeque" rather than dinner time type of clothing.

Vickie, Enjoy your Fresh Produce dress, take good care of it and it will last you several years.

I did forget to mention, the clothing is a bit large in comparison to other types of clothing, especially the pants and sweatshirts. I may take an extra large in their tank tops and some of the dresses, but I will get a medium in their pants and sometimes the large sweatshirts are way too big for me. I typically wear a size 14-16. I've always felt they did this intentionally, because the stuff is more like loungewear/beachwear and meant to be loose and comfortable.

Happy, I am saying that the first time you launder these Fresh Produce garments the dye will definitely color the water. After the first wash they do not bleed. I always wash them first but I would imagine if you had say a very bright or strong color and wore it without that first washing you possibly could get some staining on your skin, especially if you perspire.

Received my Fresh Produce today and I am VERY disappointed. :mad:

Will be sending them back - they look like pajamas. I thought they would be cute day clothes but NO!

The material looks like pj material. Maybe I just bought the wrong items. The capri pants top I ordered was a medium but it would fit a teen medium not ladies medium. The capri's fit but I wouldn't wear them outside.

The dress hit just above the knee and looked real "dowdy" looking. Very disappointed - still have one more dress (different style) coming from another Fresh Produce location but NOW I'm a little worried. Guess I'm just not the Fresh Produce kinda Gal. They looking NOTHING like what was on the website.

Vickie

I love their clothes. I am older & wear a size 14. The clothes fit pretty true to size in the cotton but the rayon dresses run a bit small to size. If you have a Nordstroms near you they carry the line & most boutique shops do. Where are you cruising to? We leave on the NCL STAR Nov.1,2005

Ellen

I'm a bit surprised the medium top was on the small side, usually their stuff is large and loose. I don't know what fabric you got, but none of my stuff I would wear as pajamas, but I like very soft pajamas. It is very casual, though, more beach wear, or to the park wear, than anything else. When I stop and think about it, the capris that I have, I usually do only wear around the house, they are a big baggy in the rear.

What length did you think the dresses came in? I have 2 lengths, knee and long, I hardly ever wear the long dresses, it's just too hot in the summer. But, I've never thought of mine as being dowdy, so I guess that is in the eye of the beholder.

So much for internet shopping! I know, every time I've ever bothered with ordering anything off of Ebay, I'm very disappointed. You may think you save a few bucks, but it's worth it to me to order from a regular retailer so I can return wht doesn't work.

I can't say I like everything from Fresh Produce. I like their shorts and capris and my favorite top has a vee neck and three quarter length sleeves. I am inclined to go for the solids a bit more than their patterns because I could see that wearing a patterned top and bottom might look a little like pajamas. I also have a couple of long straight sleeveless, vee necked dresses with splits up the sides that I wear on cruises on top of bathing suits.

Well ... the capri pants were fish and the dress was also the fish fabric so I guess that is the reason I didn't like them.

Anyway, I ordered them from a Fresh Produce store by telephone, so I can return them.

We're cruising to the Eastern Carribean on HAL 9/03! :)

Vickie

• 3 weeks later...

Finally found a Fresh Produce skirt and shell that I absolutely LOVE and will be perfect for our upcoming cruise in Sept. It is the skirt that comes to the knee and has a cute ruffle at the hem - the shell is sleeveless but covers great. They are adorable and look great enough to wear for casual dining in the dining room.

Have you seen their new catalog on their website for the fall clothes - I love alot of them? Thinking about ordering a jacket.

Vickie

If you are cruising to St Maarten this fall there's a clothing shop near Last Mango in Paradise and kind of across from Guavaberry Emporium (down near water taxi stop at Marina) that has had Fresh Produce on sale in Sept/Oct for the past two years and hoping they have some this year. Good sale prices as well. There 's also a good one at Universal Studios in FL. Can't recall name of shop but if anyone is interested in specific email me and I'll hunt it up and post it. You can try it on and they have a lot of the tencel travel stuff there as well.

Archived