Sailing on a World Cruise segment

Ravenscroft

We're looking at a couple of cruises which are segments of the Sojourn 2014 World Cruise.

I'm wondering if anyone who has taken segments previously has noticed any difference in service, or disadvantages.

Obviously the crew will know the guests who are taking the full cruise very well by the time we board. I'm wondering if this could be detrimental to the service we receive. Or maybe the crew will be glad of some new faces ;) Also, the full cruise guests will have already made lots of friends onboard.

I understand that they will have special events arranged, and I don't have an issue with that, they deserve it!

I guess I'm concerned that we may feel a bit left out of things and like the poor relations. Just looking for any input. Thanks

Oh edited to add, we will only be able to get a V6 Guarantee, I already know that as I spoke to our TA on Friday.

Edited by Ravenscroft

I am sure you will not feel left out, yes the Full Worldees will all have met more than once.

We never felt left out and the staff are just as friendly as ever to those on the segments. They call you "Segees"

What is the problem with having a V6 guarantee that means you could go higher and that will be a PH next level.

Just go for it and I am sure you will love the overall service etc.

We sailed on two segments of the WC last year and had a wonderful voyage. Yes, of course, the full WC folks already knew each other but were not cliquish. Staff was wonderful. We didn't feel left out or anything else negative. Any special events are handled very discretely quite unlike our experiences on

Crystal's WC. SB also had a special WC event each segment to which every one was invited.

Clearly I would advocate booking if the cruise interests you. Paula

Thanks Leesre and Paula.

The itinerary is Hong Kong to Singapore. The dates of the cruise fall perfectly for us to get time off work. We're both desperate for a holiday and having looked at next year's calendar there's not going to be much opportunity apart from this cruise. And the itinerary is great.

To clarify about what I said about the V6 guarantee, I'd really prefer to choose the suite I want than take a chance on suite allocation.

On our last Seabourn cruise, which was booked very last minute, we had no option but to take a V1 Guarantee as that was all that was left.

I had some moments of anxiety before our suite number was allocated, and even though we got a V6 on deck 8, I did say I wouldn't take a chance again. Ahh, famous last words :D

Typically when you book any segment of a world cruise they will only offer a guarantee suite. You just have to let go of the anxiety and be willing to accept what you get. You'll have a great time no matter which suite you are in.

We did 30 days as a segment during the Quest world cruise this year from Hong Kong to Dubai and enjoyed it enormously. There was no problems with staff service for the newbies, and crew knew our names almost immediately.

The only thing I noticed, was the evening entertainment in the club was somewhat subdued. I suppose it was because the whole world cruisers didn't want to party or dance after dinner, and as some were quite elderly they preferred to retire to bed after dinner. We felt sorry for the singers and or band who often played to little more than a dozen people.

Thank you to everyone for your input and encouraging comments.

We've confirmed the cruise today and our "Usual Suspects" travel companions have a suite on hold for a few days whilst they also arrange necessary time off work. At least if The Club is quiet at night, us four will be there dancing up a storm :D

Very much looking forward to it. I've been to Hong Kong previously but all the other ports are new to me so it's very exciting.

Thank you all again.

Edited by Ravenscroft