Pay for steakhouse up front or day of?

purplemusik

Do not pay!!

Honestly..

With 9 people dining @ $30pp, I would march them all into the main restaurant where its 100% free and 100% good!

BUT, its your $270

;)

Actually it is now $ 35 pp. Steakhouse is rather good and a nice experience.

OP its your money and you get to decide how to spend it.

Thanks guys!! We might wait until we are on board to make the reservations until we decide for sure what night. If we make a reservation now, can we change it? Or cancel it?

Yes, it is just a reservation - not a binding agreement. It can be chagned or modified as you need.

And as others have said - you don't pay until the end of the meal.

My family of 9 going on my upcoming cruise want to try the steakhouse and were thinking of doing reservations now. Do we pay when we make the reservation or while we are there?

You will pay after dinner. Let your server know how many checks will be needed if more than one person is paying.

Do not pay!!

Honestly..

With 9 people dining @ $30pp, I would march them all into the main restaurant where its 100% free and 100% good!

BUT, its your $270

;)

It is $35pp, and some people like it enough to spend the money. The OP did not say whether he/she was paying for the whole family to dine. My family went as a group, and we each paid for our own dinner.

Edited by deetrayn

Do not pay!!

Honestly..

BUT, its your $270

;)

$270 /$315 for 9 people to eat the sort of meal available from the Steakhouse is actually quite a deal.

Do not pay!!

Honestly..

BUT, its your $270

;)

Don't get the point?

We had 6 at Chef's table and it was $450++ (all family).

Edited by MikeM

We did the steak house on the sunshine a couple of weeks ago. It was great. Such a beautiful presentation of food. It was nice and quiet for conversation. The food was excellent. If you made your reservation before boarding you will receive a reminder letter asking if you don't want to keep your time to advise them to cancel. Enjoy

• 1 month later...

We were on the princess last year on a 2 week Hawaiian cruise. Halfway through I booked the steahouse for the 4 of us. It was $25 pp and worth very penny. Great service and food. My husband said we should have done it twice and he's close with his money at times. We leave on the freedom in a couple weeks and it's a must do. I hear great reviews.

We are booked for the steakhouse on the Freedom on Valentine's day. I am so excited. This will be our first time. I thought you got a free bottle of wine no matter when you went, but I guess that's not the case. Can you bring your own wine with you to the steakhouse?

We are booked for the steakhouse on the Freedom on Valentine's day. I am so excited. This will be our first time. I thought you got a free bottle of wine no matter when you went, but I guess that's not the case. Can you bring your own wine with you to the steakhouse?

Only free bottle the first night.

If you bring a bottle they charge corkage. What we do is fill two large white wine glasses from our stock and bring it to steakhouse.

Only free bottle the first night.

If you bring a bottle they charge corkage. What we do is fill two large white wine glasses from our stock and bring it to steakhouse.

We do that also when we go to the MDR. It didn't take us long to figure that one out. Good to know you can do that at the steakhouse.

Thanks guys!! We might wait until we are on board to make the reservations until we decide for sure what night. If we make a reservation now, can we change it? Or cancel it?

With a group of 9 - I would make a reservation now.

You could always cancel or modify it once on board. But - at least you'd know you had a day and time booked that will work for the group!

I assume that when you say given a bill at the end of the meal that it is taken from your S&S card right? We will be on the Liberty in Sept for our 28th anniversary. Was thinking about doing steakhouse the last night on board (9/20/14). Can anybody give me an idea of the menu served in steakhouse. This will be our 4th cruise but first one with a steakhouse as fantasy class ships don't have them.

Also does anyone know which nights are elegant nights on an 8 day cruise Eastern Carib. on the Liberty?

I assume that when you say given a bill at the end of the meal that it is taken from your S&S card right? We will be on the Liberty in Sept for our 28th anniversary. Was thinking about doing steakhouse the last night on board (9/20/14). Can anybody give me an idea of the menu served in steakhouse. This will be our 4th cruise but first one with a steakhouse as fantasy class ships don't have them.

Also does anyone know which nights are elegant nights on an 8 day cruise Eastern Carib. on the Liberty?

Here 'ya go!

https://secure.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/Steakhousemenupdf.ashx

Edited by happy cruzin

Yes....very similar to giving your credit card - at the end of the meal - at a land restaurant. The "charge" then shows on your S&S account. ;)