I need a little information about MSC Divina TV sets

terry pattison

I'm sailing on MSC Divina in mid January. My wife is disabled, and we spend quite a lot of time in our cabin. On other cruises, we have brought a small DVD player with us, so that we can watch our selected box sets with subtitles. (the cruise lines probably don't approve, but so what!)

If anyone is sailing on MSC Divina in Nov or Dec, would you have a peek behind the TV set, and tell me whether the connections to the set are through Scart or HDMI leads, or both? It all depends on how modern the TV set is.

Thanks

I'm sailing on MSC Divina in mid January. My wife is disabled, and we spend quite a lot of time in our cabin. On other cruises, we have brought a small DVD player with us, so that we can watch our selected box sets with subtitles. (the cruise lines probably don't approve, but so what!)

If anyone is sailing on MSC Divina in Nov or Dec, would you have a peek behind the TV set, and tell me whether the connections to the set are through Scart or HDMI leads, or both? It all depends on how modern the TV set is.

Thanks

I am able to confirm you are able to put an HDMI cable through the TV's on MSC Divina, while on there I was able to hook up my tablet and watch movies, apart from finding the spare hdmi slot at the back of the TV you then turn it on and put it in TV mode, only then will you be able to use the source button to select the slot you have your DVD player in

Hope this helps ;)

I have stayed both in hotels and on cruise liners, and it seems to be about how new the equipment is. Up to last year, if you could access the back of the TV set, it was almost always a scart connection you needed. Now the newer generation of TVs need a HDMI connection, so I will need to bring a small DVD or BluRay player with a 'HDMI out' socket. I have never found a player with BOTH out sockets.

Most DVDs have built-in subtitles.

Thanks for the information, guys!

Terry

By the way, does anyone know whether the plug sockets on MSC Divina take american or Europeak plugs?

regards,

Terry

Both. There are 2 American plugs and two European located at the desk area. It worked perfectly as we brought my daughter's camera charger and it had adapters for both so we were able to charge more than 2 things at once.