Two new levels in Le Club Voyage

dln929

Azamara has a branded credit card (see below).

Are the credit card points the same as the new Azamara points?

--OFFER--

15,000 MyCRUISESM REWARDS BONUS POINTS

AFTER YOUR FIRST QUALIFYING TRANSACTION, REDEEMABLE FOR $150 ONBOARD CREDIT

Every purchase you make earns points toward new experiences:

Earn double MyCruiseSM Points for every $1 spent on Azamara purchases and our sister brands, Royal Caribbean International® and Celebrity Cruises® earn one point for every $1 spent on all other purchases

Two for one annual airfare (students not eligible)

10,000 Bonus Points on your annual anniversaries

Priority booking and other exclusive benefits

Redeem points for stateroom upgrades, spa treatments, specialty dining and voyages Certain restrictions apply.

See Terms and Conditions below for additional program and service details.

No. The Le Club Voyage points are completely separate from the points earned by using the credit card. The Le Club points earn you status in the different club levels, the Credt Card points earn you actual $$ in OBC or other goodies.

Do existing members retain their benefits?, and members at the new higher levels receive ADDITIONAL benefits, or will the existing benefit levels be degraded, as happened with some of the airline programs?

Both Celebrity and Azamara have stated no benefits would be cut and Celebrity has already announced 2 new levels and did not cut any perks earned.

Both Celebrity and Azamara have stated no benefits would be cut and Celebrity has already announced 2 new levels and did not cut any perks earned.

I asked an Azamara rep about the two new levels as their web site does not show them. She told me that Azamara had not yet implemented the new levels.

From what I can tell from Celebrity boards, a few people lost some points on the conversion to the new system and are a little further away from the next level than they were before, but those who had achieved a status, kept it. Those with status from the reciprocal program with RCI kept their status as well.

The Celebrity web site shows that all the original benefits are still there and there is a new benefit for cabin upgrades on levels other than just inside to inside and outside to outside at some levels.

I am going on my first Azamara cruise in March, am Elite with Celebrity. I called Captain's Club today about another issue and while I was talking to the girl I asked if I got Celebrity credits for going on an Azamara cruise. She told me no. I think it's still brand within brand. I think I also read that somewhere about them being able to be combined but she told me no. Guess we'll wait and see.

I just returned from a Celebrity Cruise in late NOV 2013 and I can confirm that I got credited points in BOTH Azamarra - Le Club Voyage and Celebrity - Captain's Club as did my girlfriend

I just returned from a Celebrity Cruise in late NOV 2013 and I can confirm that I got credited points in BOTH Azamarra - Le Club Voyage and Celebrity - Captain's Club as did my girlfriend

Prior to the cruise we had 9 points (1 point away (old counting system) from moving up to Elite/Discoverer) and were getting 3 points for the cruise ... We were properly promoted to Elite in Both Programs (When I look at our Le Club Voyage on the Azamarra web site it now says Elite so it appears they have adopted the Celebrity Levels ... Azamarra originally would have been 10+ points for Discoverer). In any event it appears both programs have moved us up the ladder to the Elite Tier properly with the correct # of points.

I should note that we had to sign up with both programs separately (Had to use a different user name) ... Strange but it all keys off you loyalty number and seems to work

Prior to the cruise we had 9 points (1 point away (old counting system) from moving up to Elite/Discoverer) and were getting 3 points for the cruise ... We were properly promoted to Elite in Both Programs (When I look at our Le Club Voyage on the Azamarra web site it now says Elite so it appears they have adopted the Celebrity Levels ... Azamarra originally would have been 10+ points for Discoverer). In any event it appears both programs have moved us up the ladder to the Elite Tier properly with the correct # of points.

I should note that we had to sign up with both programs separately (Had to use a different user name) ... Strange but it all keys off you loyalty number and seems to work

How do you look up your Le Club Voyage level on the Azamara website? I can't see an option for that?

How do you look up your Le Club Voyage level on the Azamara website? I can't see an option for that?

Hi Malcliz,

I do not believe you can view your LCV level online, though I'd suggest calling Le Club Voyage for assistance.

Hopefully, when the new levels are formalized and introduced, Azamara will offer this information - similar to what currently exists on the Celebrity website.

Hope this is helpful !

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/mycelebrity/login.do

If not then register, if you are then log in and it will tell you what level you are. Click on "view" by where it says Captain's Club above your status and on the next page that comes up lower down on the box saying "Sailing History" and it will set out how many points you have and how it was converted from the old system.

I went to the Celebrity website (as per Phil's instructions above) and was able to view my point count and sailing history even though I have never sailed on Celebrity. Your loyalty number (le club voyage number) is the same for both Azamara and Celebrity.

My loyalty points were converted to Celebrity's new system on November 23 - 30 "new" points for each "old" point plus 25 bonus points because I was within 1 point, under the old system, of acheiving Elite/Discoverer status.

Still waiting for Azamara to officially announce its program, including information on threshold values and status levels. I would assume they will be the same as on Celebrity - 300 points to acheive Elite/300 points to achieve Discoverer?????

I went to the Celebrity website (as per Phil's instructions above) and was able to view my point count and sailing history even though I have never sailed on Celebrity. Your loyalty number (le club voyage number) is the same for both Azamara and Celebrity.

How did you find your sailing history? I have found it in the past, but can not seem to locate that option now.

MY Celebrity says I have 286 pts (Select), but I should have 11 pts (Elite) under old system.

So I am just trying to see if Celebrity has my correct sailing history.

Thanks

How did you find your sailing history? I have found it in the past, but can not seem to locate that option now.

MY Celebrity says I have 286 pts (Select), but I should have 11 pts (Elite) under old system.

So I am just trying to see if Celebrity has my correct sailing history.

Thanks

If you follow my post 22 it should take you there. 11 cruise credits would convert you to 330 so on that basis you seem short of some points.

Phil

If you follow my post 22 it should take you there. 11 cruise credits would convert you to 330 so on that basis you seem short of some points.

Phil

Agree, that's why I wanted to see my sailing history.

Unfortunately when I log into MY CELEBRITY/Captain's club. I can see my points (286), but no sailing history. I can not find the link to view sailing history (as I have see in the past). I was wondering if someone could tell me where that link is now hidden.

Edited by leo178

Agree, that's why I wanted to see my sailing history.

Unfortunately when I log into MY CELEBRITY/Captain's club. I can see my points (286), but no sailing history. I can not find the link to view sailing history (as I have see in the past). I was wondering if someone could tell me where that link is now hidden.

There is a Captain's Club link on the home page of Celebrity's website and, if you place the cursor over that heading, there is a drop-down list that includes your "Sailing History"... Click on that; you'll find your detailed history there...

Edited by Xport

There is a Captain's Club link on the home page of Celebrity's website and, if you place the cursor over that heading, there is a drop-down list that includes your "Sailing History"... Click on that; you'll find your detailed history there...

THANKS- there it is. Thankfully they haven't added the last cruise ending Nov 27. So when that is added I should be Elite, as I expected to be.

I hope Celebrity's captains have a better grasp of mathematics than their Captain's Club.

I had previously earned sufficient points on Royal Caribbean ships to qualify for the Royal Caribbean Platinum tier. Consequently, I qualified for the Captain's Club Select tier and the Azamara Explorer tier - on a reciprocal basis.

I have also earned 7 credits from cruises on Celebrity and Azamara ships. Those points place me on the Captain's Club Select tier and Azamara's Explorer tier.

Celebrity have multiplied my 7 credits by 30 = 210 points. Then, they added 30 bonus points because, according to their website, "In the conversion, you were so close to Elite level, we moved you up by awarding you bonus points." 210 + 30 = 240.

However, the Select tier covers the range between 150 and 299 points, so I am not particularly close to the Elite level. Furthermore, the Captain's Club website does not show my status as Elite.

It follows that I must earn an additional 60 points, before I can qualify for the Elite level. I expect to earn 34 points next year, from a 17-night voyage on Azamara Journey (in an outside cabin), departing from Mumbai on 15th April.

We are still finalizing the actual benefits and it's too soon for me to share program details as they are in final review. With respect to the reciprocity program with Celebrity Cruises Captain's Club and Royal Caribbean International's Crown & Anchor loyalty club, at this time I am unable to respond to your questions about this topic. I should be able to do so, sometime in early December.

I can share the point structure methodology: points are earned per day based on stateroom/suite category:

§ Club Interior & Club Oceanview - 2 Points per Day

§ Club Veranda - 3 Points per Day

§ Club Continent Suites - 8 Points per Day

§ Club Ocean and Club World Owner Suites - 18 Points per Day

I think Azamara should give more points for those in an OV verses an inside cabin. Just my opinion, and so far we have stayed in neither on Azamara. But the price difference is significant, where it is much closer on Celebrity. The Verandas are also a lot more expensive than the OV. On other lines the Suite bonus is doubled, not almost tripled (3 points verse 8). I think Azamara should acknowledge the cost difference verses Celebrity by adding more points in some of the categories.

Edited by Jade13

I hope Celebrity's captains have a better grasp of mathematics than their Captain's Club.

I had previously earned sufficient points on Royal Caribbean ships to qualify for the Royal Caribbean Platinum tier. Consequently, I qualified for the Captain's Club Select tier and the Azamara Explorer tier - on a reciprocal basis.

I have also earned 7 credits from cruises on Celebrity and Azamara ships. Those points place me on the Captain's Club Select tier and Azamara's Explorer tier.

Celebrity have multiplied my 7 credits by 30 = 210 points. Then, they added 30 bonus points because, according to their website, "In the conversion, you were so close to Elite level, we moved you up by awarding you bonus points." 210 + 30 = 240.

However, the Select tier covers the range between 150 and 299 points, so I am not particularly close to the Elite level. Furthermore, the Captain's Club website does not show my status as Elite.

It follows that I must earn an additional 60 points, before I can qualify for the Elite level. I expect to earn 34 points next year, from a 17-night voyage on Azamara Journey (in an outside cabin), departing from Mumbai on 15th April.

Celebrity did give some people bonus points, but the bonus points did NOT put them in a higher loyalty category. I think they were given as an enticement to have them book more cruises. :)

I'm just grateful that my status is being recognized between lines. I think that is truly awesome and I'm very grateful to RCCL for this policy.

All of our cruises (with RCCI group) have been with Azamara - we achieved Discoverer level after 5 cruises, have completed 6 more and are still Discoverer level (as there isn't anything higher at present). We have always had OV or veranda staterooms.

With the points conversion we will still be the same level under the new system.

And, looking at the way points are awarded, it will probably be a few years before we move up the next level (though we are perfectly happy with the current Discoverer benefits).

I would suggest that Azamara should give more credit for Azamara ( as opposed to Celebrity) cruises when deciding the new levels for Le Club Voyage - but then I would, wouldn't I ?

Edited by PetuniaP

Celebrity did give some people bonus points, but the bonus points did NOT put them in a higher loyalty category.

That may well be true. However, the Celebrity website said, "you were so close to Elite level, we moved you up by awarding you bonus points". Most people would interpret "moved you up" as meaning they had been promoted to the Elite level.

However, I had not expected to reach that level, so I am not too disappointed. In any case, my wife and I are content with the Explorer benefits on Azamara, which include 150 minutes of free Internet (per person) - plus one complimentary bag of laundry per week (per stateroom).

The Explorer benefits on Azamara are almost as attractive as the Elite (top) tier on Princess Cruises. Princess top tier benefits include between 150 minutes and 500 minutes of free Internet (depending upon the duration of the cruise) - plus unlimited laundry and dry cleaning.

However, Princess passengers must have completed 15 cruises (or 150 days) with Princess and/or P&O, to qualify for the Elite tier. Azamara passengers qualify for the Explorer (middle) tier after only 5 cruises with Celebrity and/or Azamara.

Edited by BobTroll

It's the loyalty perks that keep me with RCCL lines. I calculate my and DH's free cocktail before dinner to be about $15 per day. We also take advantage of the Internet minutes. We rarely do cruises less than 14 days.

I can do without the laundry and dry cleaning, etc., but I would pay for Internet and cocktails if I did not have the loyalty perks.

Why would I go with another line, like Princess, and pay for my cocktails and internet minutes? It would make my cruise more expensive.

If you ask me, the program works well for both the consumer and the corporation.

But Kellie, you will not need to buy the free drinks on Azamara as they are already included so its the all inclusive nature and not the loyalty perks that are getting you the drinks.

I called Captains Club today and I was told they added up our Celebrity and Azamara cruises and we have reached 360 points. This is not just being Elite because we have been elite forever due to RCCL cruising.

I think the next level is 750 so would have to cruise a bit in a suite to get the advantage. This is quite attainable though the real credits are morefree laundry and more internet minutes.

But Kellie, you will not need to buy the free drinks on Azamara as they are already included so its the all inclusive nature and not the loyalty perks that are getting you the drinks.

My post stated that I sail on the RCCL lines because of the perks.

RCCL is the parent company of Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Azamara Club Cruises who have reciprocity with their loyalty programs.

My post stated that I sail on the RCCL lines because of the perks.

RCCL is the parent company of Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Azamara Club Cruises who have reciprocity with their loyalty programs.

Understood. I took your post to mean RCCL Lines and not RCCL ie all companies under the parent company RCCL which includes Azamara and Celebrity.....Hence the Azamara perks of 'free drinks' dont apply as free drinks are included in the price anyway!

Loyalty perks can be very attractive. I went on Crystal in November and it was awful to have to pay for internet which we get free on Regent. Unfortunately where we are in our travel bucket list we have to change lines for itinerary.

After some difficulty tracking down cruises booked with outside agents and deciding how to establish these, today our history was right back in "Sailing History" section on the secure Captains Club page. And it was correct, from a very old Galaxy up to the Journey sailing we completed this month. All is well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app