Booked cabin

travelberlin

We have booked a cruise with MSC and we have chosen our cabin very careful. Our cabin number appears in the booking confirmation. However that confirmation also states that MSC keeps the right to change our cabin to the same of higher categorie. I have not experienced this before. Can somebody tell me why is this and how likely it is that we will change cabin?

Edited by travelberlin

TravelBerlin You can always ask MSC or the travel agent on your behalf to add to the booking that you do not wish to be moved or upgraded as we did if you are happy with what you have booked.

What you state is part of their booking conditions.

We have cruised twice with MSC, and we always got the cabin we have booked. I would not mind to be upgraded but I have tought that this type of formulation in the booking conditions normally refers to guarantee cabins. Ours is not a guarantee, this is why I am wondering about it.

I have always had the cabin that was in my booking too, but they do reserve the right to change them. Most likely reasons are you are 1 O2 people in a triple or quad, they have a cabin for 2 available and 3 or 4 people want to book, then they may wish to move you to same category cabin or higher, so they can accommodate the other booking too. Another reason may be that you are in an adjoining cabin and another booking needs 2 adjoining cabins, whereas you have only booked a single cabin, so don't.

I'd ask whomever you made the booking with to put no upgrades on your booking but still does not eliminate their right to move you, but does reduce the risk

I have always had the cabin that was in my booking too, but they do reserve the right to change them. Most likely reasons are you are 1 O2 people in a triple or quad, they have a cabin for 2 available and 3 or 4 people want to book, then they may wish to move you to same category cabin or higher, so they can accommodate the other booking too. Another reason may be that you are in an adjoining cabin and another booking needs 2 adjoining cabins, whereas you have only booked a single cabin, so don't.

I'd ask whomever you made the booking with to put no upgrades on your booking but still does not eliminate their right to move you, but does reduce the risk

Thanks for the explanation. I will find out.

I am sailing on the Splendida on Saturday from Genoa. I booked many months ago and choose my cabins direct from MSC. Choose two nice cabins for my party and then realised this week that MSC had changed them and moved me to a lower deck.

I complained to MSC but they would not reinstate my origianl cabins they have now moved me back to the original deck but in differenct cabins. They love to just send you the terms and conditions stating that they can move you.

I had requested for my cabnin not to be moved but they did it anyway this is the 2nd MSC cruise for me and the 2nd time they have changed my cabin. I belive it is their standard procedure and happens a lot.

Stuart