Now EVERYONE gets bonus points each cruise

cle-guy

Reviewing the new Captain's Club, it seems they are now giving EVERYONE bonus points.

You get 1 point for boarding the ship automatically as long as you are enrolled in the Captain's Club and your membership number is on your reservation.

Then they double that if you stay in an Inside or ocean view!

And higher category cabins get even larger amounts of bonus points, up to 17 extra points for Penthouse and Reflection Suites!

This is the glass half full version anyway.

Reviewing the new Captain's Club, it seems they are now giving EVERYONE bonus points.

You get 1 point for boarding the ship automatically as long as you are enrolled in the Captain's Club and your membership number is on your reservation.

Then they double that if you stay in an Inside or ocean view!

And higher category cabins get even larger amounts of bonus points, up to 17 extra points for Penthouse and Reflection Suites!

This is the glass half full version anyway.

I'm pleased with their new points system - especially since we often sail in CS or RS cabins!

Tom

We are quite new cruisers and currently have 4 "old" points. We planned and booked a Sydney to Hawaii cruise in 2015, 18 nights - that is some really BIG vacation for us. We like the idea of Elite getting drinks, laundry and some internet minutes. We calculated and thought two 14 nights cruises in Aqua Class will give us 6 points, so 10 before the big cruise - Elite, voila.

Booked two cruises in 2014 some time ago and saving every "Euro" we can to make it all possible.

Am I understanding this correct? You will be doing an 18 night cruise in 2015. To gain the Elite benefits on that cruise, which should amount to a couple hundred dollars in freebies, you decided to book two more 14 night cruises just so you can earn enough points? You will now be scrimping and saving so you can spend thousands of dollars on two additional cruises just to earn enough points to get $200 worth of free stuff?

Spending thousands of additional dollars so you can earn a few hundred dollars worth of free stuff doesn't seem like a sound financial plan. :confused:

Edited by swsfrail

Spending thousands of additional dollars so you can earn a few hundred dollars worth of free stuff doesn't seem like a sound financial plan. :confused:

I would imagine there is also a bit of enjoyment of the travel and cruises in and of themselves as well.

I'm pleased with their new points system - especially since we often sail in CS or RS cabins!

Tom

As am I, by chance, I happen to have a PH this upcoming cruise...! SOOOO looking forward to that batch of bonus points - 17 extra per night :-). And regularly do CS and RS as well.