Birthday on board

broadwater

We are currently on the Barcelona to Rio voyage on Marina. My husband celebrated his birthday on board this week. Ten out of ten to Oceania for making him feel special when he was fed up to be reminded he's a year older. The cabin was decorated as a surprise and the staff were all very celebratory. Normal singing waiters but lovely personalised cake in Jacques.

Husband in a good mood also enjoyed his first cooking class and has asked to do another. That's progress!

Sea very calm as we sail towards Cape Verde, temperature perfect!

We are currently on the Barcelona to Rio voyage on Marina. My husband celebrated his birthday on board this week. Ten out of ten to Oceania for making him feel special when he was fed up to be reminded he's a year older. The cabin was decorated as a surprise and the staff were all very celebratory. Normal singing waiters but lovely personalised cake in Jacques.

Husband in a good mood also enjoyed his first cooking class and has asked to do another. That's progress!

Much better than we ever experienced for a birthday on a O cruise

Good for you!

Much better than we ever experienced for a birthday on a O cruise

Good for you!

Funny, for each cruise we have been on, our room has been decorated for my birthday. We have always generally cruised on my birthday as that as when I had holidays from work. When we did our anniversary, they decorated our room as well.:)

Funny, for each cruise we have been on, our room has been decorated for my birthday. We have always generally cruised on my birthday as that as when I had holidays from work. When we did our anniversary, they decorated our room as well.:)

HMMMM now I feel cheated ;)

We celebrated our 40th anniversary onboard only got a card on the first day of the cruise ..nothing on the actual date :(

Maybe this something new as I have never heard of the decorating the cabin before

Maybe they do not bother with the peons ;)

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

We celebrated our 40th anniversary onboard only got a card on the first day of the cruise ..nothing on the actual date :(

Maybe this something new as I have never heard of the decorating the cabin before

Lyn

Yes they do, Lyn. We were in B4 last March on DH's birthday and cabin crew filled our cabin with about 20 balloons and made posters saying happy birthday in both their languages + English for above the bed. Shame you were not there to see it. :p lol Will email you pics and you will just have to wait until May'14 cruise and you might get balloons for both yours & your DH special day.

Edited by rhohea

Yes they do, Lyn. We were in B4 last March on DH's birthday and cabin crew filled our cabin with about 20 balloons and made posters saying happy birthday in both their languages + English for above the bed. Shame you were not there to see it. :p lol Will email you pics and you will just have to wait until May'14 cruise and you might get balloons for both yours & your DH special day.

LOL

Not my fault we missed it :(

Must be something new ..we have never had a BD on the cruise just our anniversary

Lyn

Ah, the old lump of coal :D

We've never mentioned a special occasion to our room attendant or butler. The (fill in highest accolades here) room attendants have so much to do and not a lot of personal time. The fact that they would take the time to decorate a room speaks highly of them. That would be over the top and make even a curmudgeon smile I am sure

We've had B'day cake served (lovely) but it was when mentioned (by others) to restaurant staff on board but nothing otherwise. Had an Anniversary on last cruise but not even the card you received Lyn

At one time it could be noted on file under My Bookings but no more. Perhaps that created too much expectation O could not deliver consistently.

I suspect the special treatment of those who had rooms decorated it was because of their outstanding room attendants and the pax letting them know about the occasion.

So many individuals on O (vs Corporate with a few exceptions who are 'outside of the box') are amazing. After taking a cruise I come back to work revitalized. Not from the R&R but from the inspiration from meeting the wonderful, hard-working, detailed, happy, pleasant, enjoyable, happy in their work crew/people we meet on board.

Edited by YoHoHo

We have the most delightful people looking after us. As I didn't mention anything on the booking form or to the staff personally I assume they went out of their way to check their passenger birthdays. Such a wonderful thoughtful touch, but better still the words of wisdom from our butler about not focusing on age, but embracing life, being thankful for health, longevity and happiness. Far more cheerful and positive than counting the years!

Many thanks for the birthday wishes, I will pass them on.

We celebrated our 60th anniversary with an extra dinner in Polo with a special little cake.Thanks Oceania.