Just off a 28 day Princess with three kids

giselleacttwo

Ages 2, 8, and 10. The olders had a grand time in Shockwaves. They did quite a few activities for Halloween and took them all trick or treating at the ship's bars. Loved the idea I read on here for placing the pack n' play in the closet and using a shower curtain for a separate sleeping area for the toddler. Happy to answer any questions for those about to cruise Princess. There were so few kids on board (about a dozen total on a very full Sapphire Princess) that mine were a novelty and were very warmly received by our fellow passengers. All told, as trouble free a way to travel as you can get with three kids. :D

Oooh, that one's on my bucket list. I've been mostly looking at the HAL offerings though. I've been thinking of that type of cruise in a couple of years when my 2 oldest are at university. My youngest will be 11 then. We went to Tahiti for our honeymoon many years ago. What shore excursions did you do in French Polynesia?

Oooh, that one's on my bucket list. I've been mostly looking at the HAL offerings though. I've been thinking of that type of cruise in a couple of years when my 2 oldest are at university. My youngest will be 11 then. We went to Tahiti for our honeymoon many years ago. What shore excursions did you do in French Polynesia?

Snorkeling in Bora Bora. They did two stops; one for snorkeling, one for reef sharks and sting rays. Whale watching with the kids in Moorea, (no whales, but we saw lots of spinner dolphins) then I went snorkeling in the afternoon also in Moorea, which was even better than Bora Bora. We rented a car and drove around the island in Papeete. My in-laws did a helmet dive in Bora Bora and they said it was incredible.

I leave on the same cruise 1 Apr 14 except on the Golden. Would love to see a review of the trip if you can fit the time in between the needs of your children.

The idea of posting a review intimidates the heck out of me for some strange reason, :eek: but I am more than happy to answer any questions about ports of call, entertainment, ship activities, etc. I found a lot of people on our cruise who not only cruised a lot in general, but had done that specific itinerary multiple times. It was pretty universally loved by my fellow passengers. You'll have a great time.

19 sea days total, the four major Hawaiian islands, American Samoa, Samoa, and three stops in French Polynesia (Papeete, Moorea, Bora Bora). LA-LA roundtrip.

That sounds like a dream vacation. I wish I had enough vacation days to take a trip like that - so glad you had a nice cruise...

• 2 weeks later...
With 5 of you, is your only option a suite? Did your 2 year old sleep in a crib or bed?

We had our in-laws along with us, so the older two were registered in a cabin with Grandma and Grandpa. We booked a mini-suite and a couple of times the older two stayed in our cabin. The 2 year old slept in a Princess provided pack n' play that we kept in the closet in our room. As recommended on CC we took along some magnetic hooks and a shower curtain so we could have lights on in the cabin while she was sleeping.

Your only option for 5 people registered in one room on Princess is a full suite. The Family Suite sleeps up to 6 but it is a max of 4 on Insides through Mini-Suites.