Bon Voyage bottle option for Epic studio rooms

littleengine

Hi... I'm going on my first cruise in January. I've read you can order bottles of alcohol for your cabin, which would include mixers and garnishes. How does this work for studio cabins that aren't equipped with mini fridges? I know we can get buckets of ice, but that doesn't seem sufficient to keep some of the garnishes fresh over the course of a week. Does this mean the Bon Voyage option isn't available for studio cabins, or that it would have to be ordered for delivery only on a day I'd know there might be enough people around to use it all (cabin crawl, etc)?

Edited by littleengine

Hi... I'm going on my first cruise in January. I've read you can order bottles of alcohol for your cabin, which would include mixers and garnishes. How does this work for studio cabins that aren't equipped with mini fridges? I know we can get buckets of ice, but that doesn't seem sufficient to keep some of the garnishes fresh over the course of a week. Does this mean the Bon Voyage option isn't available for studio cabins, or that it would have to be ordered for delivery only on a day I'd know there might be enough people around to use it all (cabin crawl, etc)?

Mixers and garnishes are not provided...you're on your own there, but bottles of alcohol are available for purchase. Your TA/PCC will have all of the info as they would be the one taking your order.

Here is the list of garnishes that you can choose from~

• Bloody Mary Mix

• Pepsi

• Club Soda

• Cranberry Juice

• Diet Pepsi

• Grapefruit Juice

• Orange Juice

• Pineapple Juice

• Sierra Mist

• Sweet and Sour Mix

• Tomato Juice

• Tonic

• Apple slices

• Banana

• Carrot

• Celery

• Lemon slices

• Lime slices

• Maraschino Cherries

• Orange slices

• Peppers

• Pineapple wedges

• Pitted Olives

• Strawberries

Another posted said in another thread ( http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40799354&postcount=6 **Ana is a NCL Group Event Coordinator on the Star) that to get the garnishes you go to any bar and request them~ I would think you'd be able to get the fruits and veggies on a daily basis since you don't have a fridge, just put the liquids in an ice bucket~

My PCC had just sent this to me the other day. Sorry I can't past it to look right but you get the idea.

Name brand spirits are offered by the bottle. These alcoholic beverages are sold as Bar Set Up amenity orders.

Bar Set-Up is available on all Ships excluding Pride of America.

Please Note: 
Bar Set-Up is available for all stateroom categories. 
Bar Set-Up is not available for purchase onboard. 
Bar Set-Up must be pre-arranged before the voyage and can be requested up to the day prior to sailing.

Prices are subject to change. Service fee of $3.00 per bottle will be applied.

Type of Liquor Price Bottle Size

Bourbon/Whiskey

Seagram's 7 Crown $80 1 Ltr

Jack Daniel's Black $100 1 Ltr

Crown Royal Special Reserve $100 750 Ml

Cognac

Courvoisier VS $120 750 ml

Rémy Martin V.S.O.P $100 700 ml

Gin

Beefeater $80 1 Ltr

Bombay Sapphire $100 1 Ltr

Liqueurs

Baileys Irish Cream $100 1 Ltr

Southern Comfort $100 1 Ltr

Disaronno Amaretto $100 1 Ltr

Godiva Chocolate $100 750 Ml

Grand Marnier $100 1 Ltr

Kahlua $100 1 Ltr

Rum

Bacardi Superior $80 1 Ltr

Captain Morgan $80 1 Ltr

Scotch Whiskey

J&B Rare $80 1 Ltr

Glenfiddich $100 1 Ltr

Chivas Regal $100 1 Ltr

JW Black $123 980 Ml

Tequila

Cuervo Gold $80 1 Ltr

1800 Reposado $100 750 Ml

Don Julio Reposado $120 750 Ml

Vodka

Smirnoff $80 1 Ltr

Absolut $100 1 Ltr

Absolut Citron $100 1 Ltr

Absolut Apeach $100 1 Ltr

Grey Goose $120 1 Ltr

Grey Goose L'Orange $120 1 Ltr

Grey Goose La Poire $120 1 Ltr

When guests purchase a bottle of liquor they can choose 3 garnishes and 3 mixers from the list below once they arrive onboard.

Choose 3 mixers: Choice of 3 garnishes:

• Bloody Mary Mix • Apple slices

• Pepsi • Banana

• Club Soda • Carrot

• Cranberry Juice • Celery

• Diet Pepsi • Lemon slices

• Grapefruit Juice • Lime slices

• Orange Juice • Maraschino Cherries

• Pineapple Juice • Orange slices

• Sierra Mist • Peppers

• Sweet and Sour Mix • Pineapple wedges

• Tomato Juice • Pitted Olives

• Tonic • Strawberries

Edited by nutley chick

Thanks. I knew I could arrange a 'bar' set up, just wasn't sure how to keep the mixers and garnishes fresh since my cabin doesn't have a mini fridge. Will have to check with NCL to make sure I can get small amounts of each as I need them vs. getting them all at once when the bottle is delivered.

Remember the studios on Epic have their own private lounge. You can order any drink you want and take it to your cabin if you don't want to stay in the lounge.

It saves you space and could save you money (depending on how much you drink).

Best option: Make BEST friends with the bartender the FIRST day of the cruise ;)