Costa Coffee on Cunard

tinkerfenwick

Cunard website indicates that a Costa Coffee Card is available for pre-purchase before we sail.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/drinks_package

Costa Coffee Card

A coffee card is available to purchase at a cost of £23.20 that allows 10 Primo (12oz) Costa coffees (Americano, Latte or Cappuccino) once on board. This can be purchased prior to embarkation by calling our Customer Contact Centre on 0843 374 0111 or once on board. Please note, if purchasing on board, the cost of $38.52 will be charged to your on board account.

I know P&O have "Costa Coffee" on board but didn't think this also on Cunard and I can't seem to find any 'Costa' detailed in the bar or coffee menus.

Can anyone who has recently sailed with Cunard, please confirm if Costa coffee is served on board, as this seems to be a good price for prepayment as no extra taxes (we are sailing into Spanish Waters too...!)

Thanks

Cunard website indicates that a Costa Coffee Card is available for pre-purchase before we sail.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/drinks_package

Costa Coffee Card

A coffee card is available to purchase at a cost of £23.20 that allows 10 Primo (12oz) Costa coffees (Americano, Latte or Cappuccino) once on board. This can be purchased prior to embarkation by calling our Customer Contact Centre on 0843 374 0111 or once on board. Please note, if purchasing on board, the cost of $38.52 will be charged to your on board account.

I know P&O have "Costa Coffee" on board but didn't think this also on Cunard and I can't seem to find any 'Costa' detailed in the bar or coffee menus.

Can anyone who has recently sailed with Cunard, please confirm if Costa coffee is served on board, as this seems to be a good price for prepayment as no extra taxes (we are sailing into Spanish Waters too...!)

Thanks

Hi TF,

I don't remember 'Costa coffee' being served the last time I was on QV. However, I don't think they could advertise it as 'Costa coffee' if it isn't that particular brand. Coffee is served in Cafe Carinthia at a charge, accompanying food is free. Unfortunately, on the last trip, the coffee machine in Cafe Carinthia, was out of action for much of the cruise.

It's possible there is now a 'Costa' outlet on board, but, as you say, apart from the wording you referred to, I can find no other reference to it. :confused: - Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Deely

You can wait until you are onboard to buy it. The daily programme info included the following on our recent QM2 cruise says

The Cunard Coffee Card

Enjoy 10 Regular coffees for only $33.50

Pick up your card today from Sir Samuels

* Offer applies to regular coffees only. Speciality Lattes, liqueur coffees/chocolate, extra flavours/toppings, larger sizes and service charges of 15% are not included and will be charged to your onboard account

:)Just off the Q.Victoria...the coffee (Cafe Carinthia)

On our last trip on the QV we found the service to be impeccable throughout the entire ship, apart from the Cafe Carinithia. Mrs Toad actually walked out and when she was asked why she was leaving she told them because she'd been sitting for half and hour and that several people has been served after she had arrived and all they said was "we're very busy".

:)Just off the Q.Victoria...the coffee (Cafe Carinthia) was good but was not promoted as 'Costa'. It was still good all the same.

Bell Boy

There was a coffee card but not costa. Coffee was still drinkable and the optional food was a lovely treat too if you want a change of dining venue for a small snack lunch,

Great trip on QV - and staff in Cafe Carinthia very pleasant ...

• 2 weeks later...
On our last trip on the QV we found the service to be impeccable throughout the entire ship, apart from the Cafe Carinithia.

just got off this morning and couldn't agree more with you, very surly staff and not pleasant at all, wasn't sure if it was the coffee card that upset them or just us! If we hadn't pre-ordered the card we certainly wouldn't have returned.

just got off this morning and couldn't agree more with you, very surly staff and not pleasant at all, wasn't sure if it was the coffee card that upset them or just us! If we hadn't pre-ordered the card we certainly wouldn't have returned.

Maybe they just hadn't had their first cup of coffee for the day. I know without a little pick me up coffee in the morning I can be a bear.:eek:

Maybe they just hadn't had their first cup of coffee for the day. I know without a little pick me up coffee in the morning I can be a bear.:eek:

I'm afraid we tended to visit mid morning or when we returned from shore, so must have just been us they didn't like or they were VERY late up most days!

That sort of impression left with the passengers is not good. I do not expect waiters or any staff to be all smiley around me. In fact, I often get the impression they are trained to be overly smiley ... or else, which is a shame. But they should not come across as surly either. That's pretty unacceptable, especially if you are noticing it on an ongoing basis.

By the way, on the QM2 I specifically asked if they served Costa Coffee in the coffee bar (Sir Samuels) and a woman showed me a generic bag of coffee that did not have the Costa Coffee logo on it anywhere. The coffee was very good.