Fort Lauderdale hotel....have you used last min.

Joie

has anyone used last minute travel to book a hotel for your cruise.

it looks like the one we want is $70 cheaper per night on their site.

Are there any extra or hidden fees.

What about cancellation guarantees?

thank you for any info

We have used them several times with no problems. There were no hidden fees except that your credit card is charged at time of purchase...some do not like this. We did have to cancel once and it was very easy as you can do it right on their site under your reservations. I think there is a fee to cancel if it is with 3 days of your arrival or something like that.

sounds good.....we are sailing in March ( 16th ) and trying to find a nice hotel that is safe and that has transp to and from airport as well as too the cruise port.

right now we are looking at the double tree downtown and Best Western on Stirling.

sounds good.....we are sailing in March ( 16th ) and trying to find a nice hotel that is safe and that has transp to and from airport as well as too the cruise port.

right now we are looking at the double tree downtown and Best Western on Stirling.

There is no Doubletree Hotel downtown in Fort Lauderdale. It's probably the Gallery One Doubletree on Sunrise Blvd near the beach. It's much nicer than the BW but doesn't have free transportation. The only other Doubletree in Fort Lauderdale is the Bahia Mar at the beach on A1A.

that might be it...the gallery one......pretty fancy ....ha

And I suppose if you add on transp from airport and then to the port the next day it would be quite a bit.

Will have to think about it....right now the Best Western price looks pretty good.....but haven't seen it on the discount site.

So got to decide to pay the 176.00 for BW or the 179.00 for gallery One and then add on the transportation for the 4 of us.

thanks for your info

It will cost about $25 per ride per taxi. If you can all fit in one taxi, that's just $12.50 per person extra for a much nicer hotel. I think the BW might have free breakfast too though. At Gallery One, the only breakfast options are in the hotel, at Starbucks across the street, or in the food court at the Galleria Mall (I'm not sure what they have there for breakfast but there is a bakery/coffee bar...there is also a Waffy's near Macy's).

We recently used Last Minute Travel Club..they also had the best rates for our pre-cruise stay in Fort Lauderdale at the Embassy Suites...You can cancel up until 3 days prior to arrival with no fees..I will definitely use this site again when booking...wish I had found it sooner.

It will cost about $25 per ride per taxi. If you can all fit in one taxi, that's just $12.50 per person extra for a much nicer hotel. I think the BW might have free breakfast too though. At Gallery One, the only breakfast options are in the hotel, at Starbucks across the street, or in the food court at the Galleria Mall (I'm not sure what they have there for breakfast but there is a bakery/coffee bar...there is also a Waffy's near Macy's).

I have the Doubletree on Sunrise Blvd booked for our pre-cruise night. I got it for $120 on LMT. I have transportation from FLL to the hotel for $8/pp with John's car service. This is less than a taxi would cost.