2 night stay in the London area

CVA34

for a 2pm flight to the US. We are arriving on Saturday (am) in Dover and departing on Monday at 2pm. Would it be better to stay in a hotel in London (city) or a Heathrow hotel. If in the city what transportation would be best to Heathrow (terminal 3 AAL).

Thank you

Dennis

If you haven't already found it, have a look at

www.londontoolkit.com

There's lots of useful information about transport to and from ports / airports, hotels and sightseeing.

Brenda

Unfortunately, some of us live in the UK and APD (like other taxes) is a fact of life. It does not apply only to BA.

Not sure where the information about BA going bust and getting government money came from - just not true. IAG is the holding company for BA, Iberia and others - its share price and revenues are currently high.

My wife and I are looking forward to flying BA to Miami in February to join Riviera.

Thanks for clearing that up so that the folks can read the truth.

Love BA's business class and fly it every year and love London enough to be planning our 38th visit.

Thanks for clearing that up so that the folks can read the truth.

Love BA's business class and fly it every year and love London enough to be planning our 38th visit.

WOW - You've been to London more times than I have :o!! Agree, BA's business is very good.

Well, thank you for all the responses. Since my first post we have decided to stay only 1 night, so, will depart on Sunday instead of Monday. We, too, are flying on award miles. The fee does seem a little steep ($612.60 for 2), but, we get a direct flight to LAX then to PHX. I think that we will take the tour bus to Canterbury and Leeds Castle from Dover to London for some sightseeing adventure. Have spent some time (1 day) in London about 20 yrs ago. Maybe some evening outing Saturday night.

Again, thank you for all the help.

Dennis

A lot of people from our cruise stated at the Doubletree Hilton Westminster and were happy with the location and price.

We stayed at the Savoy and were very happy with the location and quality of product. I would happily stay there again.